Drag to reposition cover

From Painting to Precipice: my personal BSF quest

Fold

Gang Hero
Oct 26, 2013
London E2
fromthewastes.com
Ive heard of people taking bits of sprue and melting it in tamaya glue, just not sure how to do it without recking my favorite glue.
Use a small metal bowl or other surface, and pile up a small pile of sprue shavings or dust. The finer the better - waste from drilling, sanding or filing is best (of course you can always artificially create said waste if you don’t have enough lying around). Then liberally douse the pile with liquid cement, give it a mix and hey presto - brushable liquid plastic, perfect for filling small gaps, smoothing joins and smoothing dodgy rough sculpting work. Just keep adding glue to the mix to ensure it stays liquid throughout.

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
Cool thanks for tip with glue and sprue. Got some timw to paint.

View media item 34812Used the midwinter minis YT tutorial on these. Turned out a lil too green for my liking so went back with some crappy citadel blue. Looks like most of my paints are knackered from being in the attic for 2 years.

Anyways heres the final for these guys. May go back and black line them later. Bases will be necromunda and im doing those in bulk later

View media item 34813

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
Best intentions.

Had the drones and ur025 out on the table for paint and the 3 year old got them into a toddler desth grip.
Nothing but no daddy they are my friends as he mashed em up in his little hands. Had to pry his fingers apart. :oops:

Now all hobby supplies back in the attic till who knows when... off to hobby downer thread let the commiseration begin.

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
UR025 being a chunky robot should be either mendable [perhaps with some conversion] or re-buildable [likewise]. The spindle drones being both really fragile as well as more elegant visually, might be an eBay bit of work, alas. Sorry to hear. I sympathize -- my own toy soldiers were packed away for years, anticipating similar.

Reactions: Space Truckin

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
Looking forward to painting them again better.

Ur025 seems ok. Havent had a chance to really have A look. For the record he thought it was a guy from his favorite show

c16cf78cd207910afd2c22a620a01f51.jpg

Must be my paint job...hahaha :oops:
Anyways great to document it here for when i get to pick this project back up again months from now

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
View media item 37634
Calling this guy done for now. I may go back and free hand a mechanicum symbol on his arm.

Goes to show how bad my eyesight is when you zoom in on my pics. Butchered the headlamp belly.

Started base coating flesh on negavolt cultists. Not looking forward to these guys. Didnt bother filling in the gaps and it looks pretty bad after priming

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
I have yet to put paint to my Negavolt cultists. I know that they will get painted to blend with my pit slave gang, but they haven't. Yet. One will then get hired on [eventually] as a Wyrd for my pit slaves.

Liking your UR-025.

Reactions: Space Truckin