Drag to reposition cover

From Painting to Precipice: my personal BSF quest

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
Excellent thanks!!!! Space Hulk is going to take a whole new level of storage but I think instead of jumping into another game system I'm probably going to build upon Space Hulk and combine it with Deathwatch Overkill models.

View media item 54920Working thru some settings still. Same tile, same settings but used Ideamaker on the left and Cura on the right.
Think I'll stick with Ideamaker!

Reactions: Aulenback

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Yeah. Even BSF looks stowage-heavy with printed tiles, but I have already printed out all the "obstacles" lines and blocked tiles, from the Thingiverse files linked [I have not .. yet ... paid for any of the Dragon's Rest tiles, despite them being lovely]. Will be printing the "portals" tokens from Vidovicarts likewise. Mostly leaving rooms and corridors as card flats [for now] just because of storage, but will continue to slowly print the "tokens" [such as the Astropath shield, the flame tokens, the leg trap, and so on] and further "white lines" terrain, expansion by expansion.

But Space Hulk was where I really started a lot of my GW gaming and collecting, so doing "wall-less" Space Hulk boards [floors and 'terrain'] for my Traitor Terminators to once more go forth and burn down both bugs and loyalists, definitely has an appeal.
WhQ: Necro coming up?
Well, remember our discussions of "On The Precipice" for SW:A?

Separately: Those are the Dragon's Rest sculpts, yes? They do look good. The "openlock"-style format [lock together single hexes], how is that working out for tile construction? Ooh. I definitely DO like their Maglev piece. Blast. Wonder if they will sell individual STLs instead of just the whole shebang.

Last edited:

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
Yes these are Dragon's Rest / Open Lock. Ive got ball magnets on order from Alibaba... There are special magnetic open lock clips to reconfigure the tiles. I'm waiting to check it out. It's hard to print the clips when there is so much cool terrain I'd rather be printing!
Still working towards Precipice SWA rules are probably going to be the best. I went through my rule book a few weeks back and found the stats for Inquisition Henchmen would probably be good for average Necro gangers. Need to fit in Rogue Traders and such. I'm considering grabbing Rogue Trader KT for the models. I don't think I'd like the KT rules very much even though that would unify things pretty easily.

Have a few test files printing up. I tried doing it without busting out an airbrush but I think I'm going to have to try that this weekend if possible. ( we are in our 'monsoon' season ).

Reactions: Aulenback

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
The base N95 rules work [surprisingly?] well for gangers in SW:A, given that they are the same ruleset. The Inquisition work well for Rogue Traders and retinue.

We tend to prefer the N95 campaign rules to the SWA campaign rules [lasts longer, more variety], as well as the N95 Ammo Roll rules over the SWA Ammo Roll rules [1D6 is more"swingy" than 2D6, thus also more risky, representing not having an immediate Military Supply Chain].

In the end, given those elements, every gang in N95 as well as every kill team in SWA plus every mob in GorkaMorka seem to balance out surprisingly well. So far, at least.

Plus, the old N95 "Tunnel Fight" scenarios would make excellent "fought on a BSF map" scenarios, as well as "fought on a Space Hulk map" scenarios, to go with the usual "fought amidst the gantries of the abandoned space ships that make up the Skeins."

I have been printing up the free Thingiverse terrain options, as mentioned [NOTE: the various "Underworlds" hex terrain are the same size hexes as BSF hex terrain, allowing for those various "blocked hexes" to have some variety]. Then the Portals. Then expansion tokens [I -think- I have the Ambull tokens figured out].

Will keep you abreast of how our Precipice N95/SWA campaign goes [though it looks like Nova Scotia may be headed for another lockdown].

Reactions: Space Truckin