FYSC FALL 2019

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
FINISH YOUR STUFF CHALLENGE FALL 2019

(Challenge Registration is now closed and will re-open on the 1st of December, until then, be sure to follow everyone’s progress and show some support to your Yak bretheren by completing some of your pile of shame!)

Do you have a giant pile of untouched plastic sprues?
Is there a host of minis sitting on your shelves, unpainted and unloved?
Would you like to make a change in 2019 and improve the quality of your collection?

Be kind to your Miniatures this next six months and sign up to the Finish Your Stuff Challenge!

Every month, starting on the 1st of July and ending the 30th of November, any Yak Brave/Insane enough to take part must fully complete and photograph something from their extensive Pile of Shame!
The rules are simple:
  • Finish as much of your collection as you like, but you must complete at least one of the following per month - five minis, a character, a monstrous size creature, a vehicle/warmachine, a piece of terrain at least the same size as punktaku’s.
  • Take a single image of everything you have completed in that month.
  • Post it either here or in the Challenge PM before the end of the month.
  • Vote for your favorite entries!
*For a model to be complete, it must fully painted with a minimum 3 colours and be suitably based.
*Models may be from any range or brand.
*Terrain is allowed, but scatter terrain does not count toward the minimum requirements.
*Posting many pictures of your work is encouraged, but only one image is to be used for your entry (phototrickery is permitted).
*Deadline for submission is midnight, on the last day of each month, UK time.
*Any and all decisions will be discussed by the Challenge Triumvirate, and all rulings made will be final.

Voting:
  • At the beginning of each month (starting July) I will post via PM, each of the eligible entries.
  • You may chose upto five of your favorite entries and may give a bonus vote to the entry you liked the most.
  • Voting will be secret and only the Challenge Triumvirate will know the scores.
  • The top five highest scoring entries will be announced each month, in alphabetical order.
  • After the very last months vote (November), all scores will be totalled and The New Finish Your Stuff Challenge Champion will be proclaimed!
*only competing yaks will be able to vote.
*you may still vote even if your entry was unfinished, unsubmitted or disqualified.
*you have up until midnight UK time, on the 20th of each month, to make your vote, any votes after this time will be void.

New for this Challenge:
  • Everytime you submit a valid entry, you will automatically gain a free bonus point per month, for a total of five extra points overall!
  • Everytime you vote, regardless of how many votes you gave, you will also get a free point for that month, for another bonus five points!
*if you never submit an entry but do give votes, you will have an overall score of between 1-5 points by the end.
*if you do submit valid entries and also vote, you will have an overall bonus of between 1-10 on top of any votes you receive.

Hope you get involved and join in the fun!

The Challenge Triumvirate
@CaptainDangerous @Ben_S @spafe
*hobby salute*

Previous Finish Your Stuff Challenge:
https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/finish-your-stuff-challenge-2019.8097/

Last edited:

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
i think it’s a clarification? like they added dimensions to allowable scenery and specified that only scatter wasn’t allowed as an entry ( although some scatter is bigger than some miniatures).

but to be clear, is it an official named character (like Mad Donna or Uriah Jacobs) or any character (a Mad Robot guilder or a Mankfester preacher)?

edit: wait... aren’t you?!?

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
It was just an attempt at emphasising the ‘one really nice one’ option without having to give a huge list of specifics.
But alas, my use of English has stumbled me yet again!
I’ll change it back, but if anyone does make a character ...it better be really really nice! o_O:cautious:

How big is your bit of scenery punktaku?
*sigh*
967C10DC-056F-40BE-9B9E-5CDFAC8075B8.jpeg

:LOL::D

sump dweller

Mr Fancy Pants
Honored Tribesman
Sep 6, 2014
County Kerry - Ireland
I have an utterly disgraceful heap of humiliating defeat (the term 'pile of shame' doesn't cut it anymore) that has been growing in size and malevolence for years now. It regards me with contempt whenever it sees me with its hundreds of little plastic eyes, and I think it wants to stab me with its many sharp bits.

I really should get around to doing something with it, so I am in.