N18 Gang Help (Genestealer Cults)

Dec 4, 2019
Alright, one more time for a help/rating for my gang buildout. This time around the Genestealer Cult. Now these guys are already built (Kill Team 1st edition setup). So other than what's down there I have two guys with autoguns, one with a flamer, and one with an autogun and a cult icon.

Cult Adept 225 Credits
Hand Flamer, Power Pick, Mesh Armor
Mind Control

Hybrid Acolyte 270 Credits
Seismic Cannon, Hazard Suit, Third Arm
Overwatch

Hybrid Acolyte 255 Credits
Mining Laser, Hazard Suit, Third Arm
Overwatch

Neophyte Hybrid 100 Credits
Grenade Launcher, Hazard Suit

Neophyte Hybrid 75 Credits Each x2
Shotgun, Hazard Suit

Hawkins44

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 2nd Place
You suffer from the "Toys before Boys" syndrome. For skirmish Zone Mortallis game this could work well, but if you are planning on joining a campaign, you will struggle greatly, as your guys will be permanently in recovery and you'll have no replacements.
Drop the one (or both) of the heavy weapons and get a couple more cheap guys instead, perhaps the ones with autoguns, maybe even with the cult icon, if you have points left. If you drop both, you can fit in the Flamer guy.

Reactions: LordNightwinter

Petitioner's City

Gang Hero
Nov 15, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
A point which might help you with your collection is that with adapting gsc minis from elsewhere - acolyte and neophyte in Necromunda mean different thing from 40k/KT. They simply refer to the level of experience a given fighter has, rather than their generation. So feel free to use 40k acolyte models in your collection as Necromunda neophytes, and vice versa.

Heart of Storm

Gang Hero
Mar 8, 2019
I really really want to love the adept (especially as I have the awesome female magus model in my collection) but the reality is Wyrd powers aren't great and you'll always get more utility from an alpha with his pre-loaded 3rd arm.

I'd also question the loadout of your adept, they have a handflamer and power pick, meaning they want to move close, but the rest of your gang is looking at a 12-18" engagement range. So your expensive, irreplaceable gang leader is up front being a charge deterrent or (worse!) pushing up the board?

I would strongly consider swapping out to an alpha if you're doing gunline GSC, hes much better suited to it.

I'm also not a fan of big guns on acolytes. GSC champions are squishy, they're T3 1W models which means they're vulnerable to being sniped out. I prefer putting my big guns on the Alpha, he has a 3rd arm naturally and has more wounds so can take a hit or two.

Alamo

Jun 24, 2021
Alright, one more time for a help/rating for my gang buildout. This time around the Genestealer Cult. Now these guys are already built (Kill Team 1st edition setup). So other than what's down there I have two guys with autoguns, one with a flamer, and one with an autogun and a cult icon.

Cult Adept 225 Credits
Hand Flamer, Power Pick, Mesh Armor
Mind Control

Hybrid Acolyte 270 Credits
Seismic Cannon, Hazard Suit, Third Arm
Overwatch

Hybrid Acolyte 255 Credits
Mining Laser, Hazard Suit, Third Arm
Overwatch

Neophyte Hybrid 100 Credits
Grenade Launcher, Hazard Suit

Neophyte Hybrid 75 Credits Each x2
Shotgun, Hazard Suit
Where Are you finding stats and descriptions for mining lasers, hazard suits,and Power Pick? I'm really struggling with finding things as I am just getting started with this game.

Alamo

Jun 24, 2021
Thanks guys! It's been a bit of a roller coaster trying to figure out where to find the rules that I need, and how to play. I'm mostly just excited at this point. I'll be playing my first game this weekend.

Reactions: BearsWillEatYou