N18 Gang terrain

Apr 25, 2022
New player here, enjoying the vast knowledge in the underhive. I am starting a cawdor gang and found the terrain section, where i could buy gang specific terrain! As a terrainiac myself i am amazed by this but however i dont seem to find the rules regarding how to buy and when to use it. Is gang specific terrain available for all gangs? When can i use/field it and how do i go about to buy it? In gang creation, trading post? Please give me all you got on intel and opinions of gang terrain ❤️ and if you got pointers on where i can read more!

Most appreciated great underhive mind!

i dont seem to find the rules regarding how to buy and when to use it. Is gang specific terrain available for all gangs? When can i use/field it and how do i go about to buy it? In gang creation, trading post?
The rules you are looking for can be found in House of Faith on page 106. To answer your specific questions:
  • terrain features are bought from the Trading post during the post-battle sequence. They cannot be purchased at gang creation
  • once bought, a terrain feature can be used in any subsequent battle (unless noted otherwise — and some features can only be used in specific cases)
  • house-specific terrain features can only be used by said house gangs (i.e. only a Cawdor gang can field a Caged Heretic)
  • terrain features are placed on the battlefield before fighters are deployed, usually in the gang's deployment zone (but it depends on the specific terrain feature)

So further questions for clarification: are the terrain one "use" or not?.. say if i buy the traps, can i deploy them in every game afterwards?
Also, the traps do not say anything of not deploying the trap in the opponents deployment zone, is this mentioned in any of the other books?
If they are not one use, they seem quite good and fun too me. Just imagining filling the board with trap markers and hive incense 😅

Traps are not single use. You will have them for every game.

The traps come under the standard gang terrain rule of only deploying in your own deployment zone unless otherwise stated, and the latest version of the hidden traps rule I can find (Book of Shadow) says nothing about where you can put them so they are limited to your deployment zone. This makes them of limited use in a standard fight across the board, but very handy when defending territory in a scenario where you get to deploy further on to the board, as is right and fluffy.

Reactions: WCWill