Ganger returning to the hive

Necroplayer

Ganger
Oct 14, 2012
Kentwood, LA, USA
Hello all! I've been out of the Necromunda/gaming loop for a while now and was wondering how, in your opinion; the new Necromunda rules stack up to the NCE version? Also, how has the new GW industrial terrain made an impact on your personal gaming table and what do you like/dislike about it?

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
At the moment, N17's rules are sadly an incomplete, typo-riddled unbalanced mess. However, I think they have the potential to be better than the NCE when every problem is ironed out (either officially or by a community driven effort.)
I, for one, am eagerly waiting for the long-awaited-turned-elusive official FAQ that may or may not appear next week. It will either solve a lot of problems, or just a few, or add even more to the mess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stoof
Feb 23, 2012
Norwich, UK
I was wondering the same thing, and agree with @Thorgor. I imagine that, given GWs release schedule dragging out the rules in bits, we wont see a full set of rules to judge for quite a while... good ole NCE it is for now! It is nice to see the new weapons (and minis) and hopefully we get sustained support from GW to eventually get N17 into a complete and playtested system.

As for the new terrain - most of it looks great but I don't want to remortgage my house to fill a tables worth :eek:

Reactions: Stoof
Feb 23, 2012
Norwich, UK
House-Escher.jpg

Feb 23, 2012
Norwich, UK
that for example, I think I saw an orlock harpoon type heavy as well, looked pretty cool as I recall. I like the fluff expansion to have eschers using poisons and goliath being vat grown for muscle, be interesting to see what they have in store for the other houses.

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
I've been out of the Necromunda/gaming loop for a while now
Hey dude! great to see you back in the hive! It has been a while indeed!

I'd honestly suggest giving the game a go, but come at it with a view that its not a new version of necromunda (as you know it), but as a compltely new game. By all accounts its fun to play, and while there are errors, if you played the ORB or the LRB then there'll be nothing you can't cope with.

That said, I still fully intend to keep playing NCE as well as the neomunda stuff