Drag to reposition cover

Gdolkin's Hive and Gangs

Dog Brother#1

Feb 25, 2015
The muted colours and skin tone variety on those Eschers looks awesome - in the current Escher-rich environment they really stand out.

The terrain looks really dense too, proper industro-techno decay.

And Ratskins, because post-pre-industrial native Americans > other stuff.

Banging job all round, I fully support your ideas and/or creations.

Reactions: Gdolkin

Gdolkin

Gang Hero
Jun 25, 2017
Nottingham
Ah now then, I've got a bit more height to finish off on the board I've shown, got the next 2'x2' quarter ground level made and ready for first undercoat, got more Goliaths being painted for the gang above, got Orlocks and Eschers primed, and some sweet Squats buillt out of Kharadron, Wolves and leftover Goliath and Orlock arms. And a bunch of TTcombat stuff I'm preparing for the 3rd and 4th quarter. Too much ideas, too much junk and fun :) Thanks all for your comments, will try to bring you more asap

Gdolkin

Gang Hero
Jun 25, 2017
Nottingham
Cheers JBScion, I'm not sure I have completely avoided the clownface effect, but I don't mind them looking a bit Joker Gang as well as Mad Max savages :D. That's what I love about GW models, they set off multiple archetypes, so eg Goliaths are punks, bodybuilders, barbarians etc, Orlocka are bikers and miners and 80's movie goons etc.. Only trouble is now that gang has taken the skullface look and I need to get more creative with tattoos for the rest..
The Champion with the hammer and grenade launcher and his skull painted on his mask makes me think of Nibbler from Futurama.

Gdolkin

Gang Hero
Jun 25, 2017
Nottingham
The muted colours and skin tone variety on those Eschers looks awesome - in the current Escher-rich environment they really stand out.

The terrain looks really dense too, proper industro-techno decay.

And Ratskins, because post-pre-industrial native Americans > other stuff.

Banging job all round, I fully support your ideas and/or creations.
Thankyou very much for noticing matey, with the Eschers I was going for a Tank Girl thing with drab greens, brown leathers and dirty white cloth and keeping the bright neons for their hair, gonna pretty much copy the scheme for my new Eschers when I get round to 'em :)
As for the Ratskins, I quite agree. Left to right they are:
Seething Gully, Longeye, Snarling Thunder, Sneaking Weasel, Laughing Snake, Shaman Talks With Echoes, Spiders Fear Him, Chief Stone Toad, Stalks Through Shadows, Tall Gator, Walks Dreaming (he's addicted to hallucinogenic fungus).

Gdolkin

Gang Hero
Jun 25, 2017
Nottingham

Gdolkin

Gang Hero
Jun 25, 2017
Nottingham
Ta :) All hair should be glorious, unless you're a Delaque :cool: I'll try and get more creative with the hair on the new ones seeing as I intend to keep the clothes drab/military again. At some point :cool:

Reactions: ThreeDice