Gdolkin's Hive and Gangs

Gdolkin

Gang Hero
Jun 25, 2017
Nottingham
Cheers Sump! It's just a bit of wire mesh stuff torn off the diminishing sheet of it I have and scrunched up and squished on with superglue, then weathered like everything else :) Many of my gangers have a bit of that on their bases

Last edited:
Reactions: sump dweller

Gdolkin

Gang Hero
Jun 25, 2017
Nottingham
Cheers pal, I wasn't sure if I'd left the blue too clean and bright, but let's all agree it's just the right amount of contrast eh ;)

Sobek

Ganger
Jul 22, 2018
Germany
Well done! The blue on the Cawdorians definitely works to draw focus/attention to their faces, which is usually the best and most natural focal point. But to me, the best part is all the additional rusty rubble on their bases, creating the environment I would picture them to live in now the new lore has them as some kind of junkyard recycling boys.

Those Delaque look awesome as well. They look soo much better with black coats than with that shitty brownish tone the GW Studio painters did and though I also picture them with pale skin and glossy black eye implants, it works well regarding focus on the face. Those decals fit quite well and the dirt on the lower part of their coats is just the icing on the cake.

So that means you painted one gang each of all the great clan houses? So what's up next?

The Duke

of the Grim-Dark and The Lord of Lawful-Evil
Yak Comp 1st Place
Honored Tribesman
Jan 23, 2015
London
Delaque have always been classy :cool:
Just gotta say @Gdolkin I vastly admire your terrain setup here and the general approach - looks like one of the best setups I've seen in this great hobby.
I also have to give you props for doing the new Delaques justice too (classy as f**k) - I was a big fan of the classic Delauqyes youd did a while back and its great to see you havent lost your flair for a good colour scheme and plenty of atmosphere - keep it going (one day i'd love to have a game on that terrain!)

@Llewy ahev you seen this?