Drag to reposition cover

Gdolkin's Hive and Gangs

Gdolkin

Gang Hero
Jun 25, 2017
Nottingham
Absolutely amazing work!
You're orlocks cuts put mine to shame! And that board set up is to die for!
None of my dudes looks like Captain Flashheart or has a banjo though eh my brother of Iron, and your SoA jackets came out really nice :) As to my board, it's a project that might well take me til I die, and it's killing and maiming it's share of my gang fighters with it's precarious walkways and unexpected lines of sight ;)

Zombie Ste

Juve
Jun 10, 2018
Manchester UK
None of my dudes looks like Captain Flashheart or has a banjo though eh my brother of Iron, and your SoA jackets came out really nice :) As to my board, it's a project that might well take me til I die, and it's killing and maiming it's share of my gang fighters with it's precarious walkways and unexpected lines of sight ;)
lol sounds like an absolute joy to play on!
Cities of Death low wall spikes are the bane of my knuckles and regularly take their pound of literal flesh from gamers hands.
Thanks for the kind words, from an artisan such as yourself that means a lot.
What colours and techniques did you use on the bulk of the sector mechanicus stuff?

Reactions: Necromaniac

sump dweller

Mr Fancy Pants
Honored Tribesman
Sep 6, 2014
County Kerry - Ireland
Personally, I think that the braids ruin the whole look. I would try to marry the big hair and the head with green stuff rather than trying to hide the gap with the plastic braids.

Other than that, I think it is a very cool model.

EDIT - see this post for my true feelings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gdolkin

Gdolkin

Gang Hero
Jun 25, 2017
Nottingham
Thanks for the comments and opinions guys, I did ask :rolleyes: I think it's too late for fishnets and boob-cones I'm afraid, this is a slightly less 90's Madonna Mad Donna, if I may.. I'm not confident I can green-stuff hair to match the glorious strands of the Hag Queen's hair, the two big side-plaits are glued to her temples already and after a few days blu-tacked in place the 5-plait thing has really grown on me, and I've already sacrificed 3 Escher hair bits and 2 Wych heads to get to this point sooo... Hopefully when I've green-stuffed em into place with a bit of surrounding context-hair and painted the bugger she'll win your hearts anew ;)

Reactions: Necromaniac