General Necromunda 2017 Discussion

ThreeDice

Gang Hero
May 27, 2014
I've still not got my box. :( Keeping myself occupied with the snap shots of gang creation pages and making lists.

Jun 23, 2016
I was lucky to get a Barricades & Objects box, everything else was delayed and I won't get it for s good while... a bit annoying, but I like the Barricades & Objects box as there are so many things that can be used with other games, like old/classic Necromunda and so on, and I can make some tests with the tentacles as I want to see what other colors would look good and I already had some in mind, and the ammo and weapons crates have such nice details... well that's all I got as I'm still waiting for the rest.

I'm also starting to think the core box is a bit pricy considering what's in it after I added some numbers together, but who knows why they price the way they do, I know there is a reason but we can't say with 100% certainty what it really is :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ThreeDice

Trafalgar Law

Gang Hero
Mar 14, 2017
Chorley, Lancashire, UK
Well I've had time to assemble 3 of the Escher models. Ran in to some slight snags regarding my planned loadout. First it looks like the Escher models are designed to be put together one way with only a very small number of variations. Particularly annoying is the leader whose coat is part moulded to both the boltgun/needler arm and the shock whip arm, with the collar moulded to the top of the boltgun arm and one sleeve running down the entirety of the shock whip arm. So I was slightly annoyed that I was already having to cut up my nice new plastic models in order to give her a power sword instead of the shock whip, when there were already several sword options in the box. Fortunately I was able to find a nice thin power sword on a raging heroes spare bit I had left over.

Two miniatures later I hit another snag. The two swords per sprue include one left handed weapon and one right handed weapon, while there are only left handed plasma pistols and autopistols. The only right handed pistols are laspistols :(. So more cutting and converting from the get go.

This is fine for an experienced hobbyist like myself but isn't great for any new bloods and seems to me to defeat the point of releasing multipart plastics. I won't be buying any more gang members until the weapon kits are released.

Reactions: ThreeDice and Ben_S
Jun 23, 2016
Is the Escher hair just hair or is it part of some head part, like there is a missing piece of the heads and the hair is attached to piece of the head?

Jun 23, 2016
Imagine as if the models were scalped. The hair is basically the back top 1/3 of the head.
So I was correct, part of the head is missing, well I just wanted to be prepared for what the hair can be used with and what needed to be done if one would want to give them hair that isn't the original hairs.

Fl33tf00t

Juve
Nov 18, 2017
Uk
I managed to get on pretty well with the Escher but it was hard work, definitely difficult to get much variation on the planned models, but all in all only one of mine is as per the premade gang, I think I need to get to 10 posts to post a picture of them, once I have I'll drop a photo

Reactions: dabbk and Ben_S

Scavvierising

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
with the ammo dice being rolled for pistol attacks in close combat it seems rapid fire pistols can really dig out the nasty. Have rummaged around and found a pile of gorkamorka plastic weapons seem to fit the goliaths ok. stubbers and auto pistols all round then the kannon can be used as a shotgun if you can't afford combat shotguns and want a more versatile weapon than the stub cannon.

Reactions: Gdolkin and Malo

Gunkaiser

Gang Champion
May 24, 2017
Corvallis, Oregon
So I was correct, part of the head is missing, well I just wanted to be prepared for what the hair can be used with and what needed to be done if one would want to give them hair that isn't the original hairs.
I'm gobbing greenstuff on the back so that I can make all my Juves bald/mostly bald (because I'm using the front part of the leader head for one of them).

Longinus

Juve
May 27, 2015
It is mildly annoying that there is only one autopistol on the Escher sprue, but at least they've got plenty of laspistols. Poor Goliaths however are screwed on the pistol department, there is only one stubgun on the sprue, though you probably want to give every ganger with a melee weapon one...

Last edited:
Reactions: ThreeDice and Ben_S

HorribleHedgehog

Gang Champion
Aug 16, 2017
Seeing the Orlock preview has made me kinda wary of assembling my Escher and Goliaths for now... looks like they have some wonderful pistols and assault shotguns.

Gdolkin

Gang Hero
Jun 25, 2017
Nottingham
with the ammo dice being rolled for pistol attacks in close combat it seems rapid fire pistols can really dig out the nasty. Have rummaged around and found a pile of gorkamorka plastic weapons seem to fit the goliaths ok. stubbers and auto pistols all round then the kannon can be used as a shotgun if you can't afford combat shotguns and want a more versatile weapon than the stub cannon.
Ha, I had some of those old gorkamorka boyz, what I've done is give them ghoul heads and they're fat scavvies/possibly Goliath runts left in the underhive to die who have survived and grown into fat scavvies :)

maxwellrpower

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Apr 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I've got some metal yoofs I want to give clubs to in place of one pistol, I think there are about 5 of them. If I can muster up the patience to saw the pistols off they will work great (y)

Reactions: Gdolkin

Guerre

Ganger
Sep 7, 2016
Hailsham
I started on my bases today and got thirty five of them sorted. Gor arrived just after I undercoated them otherwise I would have gotten through another one, I will edit and post pics in the morning I intend to re base my Kal Jerico and get started on Gor too.
Edit: can't seem to post any pictures :cry:
Edit:
full?d=1511689736.jpg
that was a lot of fuss to post a picture hopefuly sorted from now though

Last edited:

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
It is mildly annoying that there is only one autopistol on the Escher sprue, but at leas they've got plenty of laspistols. Poor Goliaths however are screwed on the pistol department, there is only one stubgun on the sprue, though you probably want to give every ganger with a melee weapon one...
It shouldn't be too difficult to get some holsters, which will also help keep you WYSIWYG as the holstered pistol can be anything.

Gunkaiser

Gang Champion
May 24, 2017
Corvallis, Oregon
It was sounding like GSC and Chaos Cultists might be getting a WD article this winter? Can anyone confirm that?

Would be nice since you'd pretty much have 5 gangs out the door at that point.

ThreeDice

Gang Hero
May 27, 2014
Was gutted I couldn't easily make a ganger dual wielding plasma pistols though :(
Did you do it in the end? No box for me, yet, but looking into it, it seemed okay to chop the pistol above the trigger and switch?

Yes, the Escher legs are not forgiving on the conversion front; Goliath and Orlock will be much easier to chop and change.

Reactions: maxwellrpower

maxwellrpower

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Apr 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I've done some pistol hand swaps on mine, not difficult at all. I'm mostly sticking to what I can do with the parts but have made some minor alterations like one handed renderizer, changing weapon arms to make slightly different poses for gangers with the same weapons. Beyond that level of conversion things are gonna get tricky though!

I've got three Goliaths left who aren't in my starting gang, one will definitely get a combat shotgun and the other two will most likely become autogunners, I reckon ork shootas are not too big for these fellas :)

EDIT: By the way, has anyone come up with a clever idea for using that combi bolter without the jacket? I'm thinking of just scraping the jacket bits off the shoulder and maybe sculpting some piece of armour over it?