General Necromunda 2017 Discussion

dabbk

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Nov 26, 2016
Berlin, Germany
gscs rules seem pretty cool from what I've seen, I ordered wd (I have not ordered gw2 nor any orlocks yet). And it quite sounds like an excellent excuse to buy yet one more of that kit - one of the best out there, if only all gangs were like that!

Now, I wonder: where's the teaser for thr next house release? Didnt we get previews on the Orlocks pretty early on?
I want to see the next set of minis!

Reactions: FerociousBeast

maxwellrpower

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Apr 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
So I don’t know if this is new info exactly, but here’s the response I just got from the Necromunda Facebook team about the current state of the FAQ:
“The FAQ document is literally written and going through translation. You see, it's not just a case of writing a list of questions and answering the,. Every question has to be answered super carefully, the answer then sent to playtesters to ensure it works, translated into many languages and then laid out by a reprographics team, We are well aware of the questions that keep getting asked and we will be providing good, clear answers very soon.”

‘Soon’ doesn’t actually mean much of course, but I thought folks might be interested to hear what they had to say about it.

Trafalgar Law

Gang Hero
Mar 14, 2017
Chorley, Lancashire, UK
Well it's better than no reply I suppose. But how long does it take? Surely some of the issues like points inconsistencies could have been addressed without all that? (such as are the Escher lasguns supposed to be cheaper than laspistols, are you supposed to buy grenades seperately to launchers etc.).

Reactions: maxwellrpower

FerociousBeast

Gang Champion
Jun 1, 2015
Verona, VA
Buying grenades separately is just a homebrew balance fix. I wouldn't really call that a FAQ issue.

Nice to get more info from the Facebook peeps about the "progress" on the FAQ, but a "good, clear answer" about when we can expect it would be most beneficial right now :p

Jun 23, 2016
If that is the process then they might never finish the FAQ as new GWs comes out and comes with more questions that needs answering and then translation... man that's an never ending circle.

Reactions: Space Truckin

Cpt. Boriel

Gang Champion
Jan 7, 2018
Vermont
So I don’t know if this is new info exactly, but here’s the response I just got from the Necromunda Facebook team about the current state of the FAQ:
“The FAQ document is literally written and going through translation. You see, it's not just a case of writing a list of questions and answering the,. Every question has to be answered super carefully, the answer then sent to playtesters to ensure it works, translated into many languages and then laid out by a reprographics team, We are well aware of the questions that keep getting asked and we will be providing good, clear answers very soon.”

‘Soon’ doesn’t actually mean much of course, but I thought folks might be interested to hear what they had to say about it.
For a company that has so many hard deadlines, I find it extremely annoying that they only tell us ‘soon’. However just the like ASOIAF novels, I guess I can wait until they are done correctly and ready before we get them. I just wish they’d release a plain pdf and skip the graphics phase

Reactions: Space Truckin

Trafalgar Law

Gang Hero
Mar 14, 2017
Chorley, Lancashire, UK
Buying grenades separately is just a homebrew balance fix. I wouldn't really call that a FAQ issue.

Nice to get more info from the Facebook peeps about the "progress" on the FAQ, but a "good, clear answer" about when we can expect it would be most beneficial right now :p
Kind of. But it was born out of the fact that the weapon costs 140 credits in Underhive and 65 credits in Gang War, add in the 75 credits for Frag and Krak grenades and you get 140 credits. Goliath's get a 10 credit discount on the launcher. So yes I'd like some clarity on whether or not you were supposed to buy the grenades separately in the FAQ.

Reactions: spafe

Kitcar

Gang Hero
Jan 3, 2017
St. Louis, Illinois, USA
Kind of. But it was born out of the fact that the weapon costs 140 credits in Underhive and 65 credits in Gang War, add in the 75 credits for Frag and Krak grenades and you get 140 credits. Goliath's get a 10 credit discount on the launcher. So yes I'd like some clarity on whether or not you were supposed to buy the grenades separately in the FAQ.
So's you can carry the launcher from game to game in a gang's lifespan without rebuying it?

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
You see, it's not just a case of writing a list of questions and answering the,. Every question has to be answered super carefully, the answer then sent to playtesters to ensure it works, translated into many languages and then laid out by a reprographics team,
Well thanks, glad they’re being thorough over there compiling the FAQ.

Seems to me though they wouldn’t need to be quite so busy if they applied the above process to, say, the actual rulebooks they wrote, printed and sold to us!