N18 Generic Delaque advice? (theory crafting)

Merzbau

Gang Champion
Nov 9, 2018
Philadelphia
Until there's some clarification, Overwatch is potentially obscenely powerful- there's contention in my group about whether it can interrupt, say, the free Fight action at the end of a Charge, even if the model was in cover at the beginning of the charge because it's technically a separate action.

el_guestos

Ganger
Aug 2, 2018
Leeds, England, UK
Agreed Overwatch has become quite literally the go to skill in our group, totally disrupts the enemy, and when combined with high BS and a decent weapon can be devastating

almic85

Gang Hero
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
I don’t see overwatch being great in most circumstances.

All that needs to be done to counter it is not start your activation in line of sight of the model and they can’t use it.

It’s not bad, and has some use in interrupting a charging fighter or stopping someone double moving across a wide open area, but I just find you are better off actively shooting a model in most instances rather than waiting for a good opportunity to use overwatch.

Axelius

Ganger
Nov 28, 2017
Sweden
I don’t see overwatch being great in most circumstances.

All that needs to be done to counter it is not start your activation in line of sight of the model and they can’t use it.

It’s not bad, and has some use in interrupting a charging fighter or stopping someone double moving across a wide open area, but I just find you are better off actively shooting a model in most instances rather than waiting for a good opportunity to use overwatch.
It isn't just activation, it is any action, meaning move-shoot can also be interrupted. And forcing an enemy to stay out of los can be good in itself, as it prevents aim-shoot and heavy weapons without suspensors from shooting. Additionally it interferes with priority, meaning you can get a vital shot off first even when you have lost the initiative. It further can allow you yo get three activations in a row without using group activation.

There are other counters, such as shooting at the overwatcher or activating lower priority targets first, but in these cases you're already compromising, without the overwatcher needing to do anything

Ml2sjw

Gang Hero
Nov 25, 2017
United kingdom
Have to re-read it in terms of when you actually interupt the action. I had previously though it was only when activated so less useful for hitting people who run out of cover etc. I'm not sure if delaque have the correct weapons in their gang list to make it worth while though. Genestealer cults on the other hand.....

el_guestos

Ganger
Aug 2, 2018
Leeds, England, UK
It's before every action, so for example if the fight "Move, Moves" you can interrupt when he starts his initial move or when he starts his second move, like wise if a fighter "Move, Shoots" you can interrupt him before he shoots.

I've found it really useful with a scoped up long rifle for really annoying the enemy and forcing them to really think about how they move, mainly out of fear of losing actions on their key guys if it does damage it's a bonus, my brother has a overwatching genestealer with familiar and mining laser and is probably the most horrible fighter in our part of the Underhive!!

Reactions: Ml2sjw

Merzbau

Gang Champion
Nov 9, 2018
Philadelphia
Yeah, my own personal bugbear was a Genestealer Cult leader with third arm, heavy stubber, Overwatch and familiar, making her basically an invincible killing machine once setup with a commanding view of the battlefield. It’s a huge points dump but it didn’t really matter as she was untouchable.

Araablane

Jul 30, 2019
I just picked a box on Delaque but never played Necromunda.
Is there a list that suits new players, i want to start building them but no idea how or what to equip.

enyoss

Gang Hero
Tribe Council
Jul 19, 2015
SL
I went with:

Leader: Web Gauntlet and flechette (very effective)
Champ: FW plasma gun (effective)
Champ: FW gravgun (effective)
Autogun (effective)
Lasgun (effective)
FW webpistol (ineffective... so far)
Long rifle (ineffective)
2 stubguns

I *highly* recommend getting the FW extra weapons (set 1, or whatever comes with the plasma gun) and the FW heads. Once you’ve made the models it’s virtually impossible to do headswaps. I managed it, but only with lots of patience with a pin vice drilling out the plastic neck.

FW parts also add some much needed variation in pose over the derpy ones in the base box. With the FW parts they look awesome.

Web is tempting to spam but I wouldn’t, as it’s a bit of a grief tactic. But you’ll need some runners to capitalise on any web pistols or guns you take, as i found I took lots of people down but I didn’t have the bodies to charge in and mop them up.

Reactions: Ml2sjw and spafe

Ml2sjw

Gang Hero
Nov 25, 2017
United kingdom
I run a pair of longs rifles in sector mechanicus they were deadly. A lucky terrain setup and the 48 inch range made them deadly combine aim and tricks shot on them and you can out shoot most things on the board. In zone mortalis they are obviously far less effective.

Second the forgeworld bits comment. Why they were not on the original sprue is anyone's guess but with the addition of a stock being the difference between a pistol and a rifle (put the autogun and autopistol next to each other if you haven't!) The delaque are an odd one.

Web is nasty but not to expensive to spam for me whilst deadly the lack of blaze makes it not as useful for me.

My current 1250 skirmish list is here

May need to rethink grenades as scare grenades were a bit of a dud. But want to keep everything WYSIWYG