N17 Genestealer Cult Gang Updated

Gunkaiser

Gang Champion
May 24, 2017
Corvallis, Oregon
That last guy - the gunslinger - comes as the leader model in a Kill Team box. So, him and a handful of assorted GSC troops. So, yes, the core of a Necromunda gang. But I feel the itch to write him up as a Hired Gun for ORB/GorkaMorka, since he suits both settings.

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/NYOpendayReveals-Jan5-KTStarnsDisciples21nhvfhs.jpg
This set right here is absolutely perfect. My collection definitely needed another copy of the Acolyte box (and I love kill team). A bit of add-in terrain too? Very nice.

Here's hoping it comes in at ~$60 USD but it'll probably be more like ~$80

Reactions: Aulenback

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Dec 29, 2017
Kristiansand
I already made a very extensive necro gang based on the previous models (some years old). It's a little painful to see these great looking additions because I can't give them more attention now, too many other gangs I haven't even started on.

Nova

Juve
Mar 21, 2012
If you look at the art in the video you se that there may well be a new female genestealer cultist (non-magus) incoming.

I would guess with the new not quite Goliath truck sized vehicle.

Kurdz

Jan 20, 2018
Canada
Hey everyone. New to GSC and I'm currently using them in a new campaign. I need a hand understanding the third arm rule in relation to the extra attack:
Does it allow you to select three weapons dusting melee?
Eg - cult alpha with a hand flame, auto pistol, shock whip and a powersword. 2A +1(third arm) can I use the auto pistol(+1 more attack) 2A with the power sword and then 1 attack with the shock whip (adding rending to the whip(which I get is kinda pointless with the shock trait))?

Or are you still limited to selecting two weapons to use in h2h, making the pistol attack and then three swings with the power sword, each one having the rending trait?

Ps, I can't wait for the model line to get released so we can get our little claws on some aberrants without breaking the bank on tooth and claw.

Kasztan

May 30, 2019
Hello fellow Cultists.

i wonder why is it that acolytes - ie champions have only 1 wound? or is this faq'ed somewhere?

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Dec 29, 2017
Kristiansand
The stats of the genestealer cultists were heavily debated on release more than 1 year ago.

We got several esitions of them since then, all of which have 1 wound for acolytes. My guess is they have 1 wound since aberrants got 2 wounds.

Kasztan

May 30, 2019
The stats of the genestealer cultists were heavily debated on release more than 1 year ago.

We got several esitions of them since then, all of which have 1 wound for acolytes. My guess is they have 1 wound since aberrants got 2 wounds.

yeh but aberrants arent champions ... ehh got to be used to that i think.