Getting into blood bowl

COLBOURNE

Ganger
Apr 3, 2018
Vienna, Austria
So I'm interested in getting into Blood Bowl. I've never played but remember the original game coming out.

Tempted to play Nurgle's Rotters. Any thoughts on if this is a good or bad team to play?

Azzabat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Jan 24, 2013
Bristol, UK
I’ve yet to have a game of the new BB, being a very casual player, but there is an incredibly large international following for BB. My buddy Mike has recently been to Italy for a championship so I have no doubt you’ll find plenty of people to play, and enjoy it immensely.

I believe the Blood Bowl NAF World Cup is being held in Dornbirn, Austria next year. Is that near you?

COLBOURNE

Ganger
Apr 3, 2018
Vienna, Austria
Probably. Now where in Austria is very far away!

I'd only be a casual player at this point...but yes I agree there is quite the international following for the game and a league here in Vienna.

Azzabat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Jan 24, 2013
Bristol, UK
He he, I know what you mean. I can drive from Toronto to Ottawa back home in the same time it takes me to drive from Cornwall to Scotland ... via Wales.

Fold

Gang Hero
Oct 26, 2013
London E2
fromthewastes.com
Nurgle isn’t your traditional beginners team so you’ll have a bit of a tougher intro (there are no starting skills that increase the team’s reliability and they will skill up quite slowly compared to other options).

But saying that I always think the important of what team you start with is overrated. For blood bowl it’s all immense amounts of fun so go with what appeals.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
yeah. "Rule of Cool" is more important than what plays "better." this is a hobby, so paint what you feel passionate about. it shouldn't be a chore like "I have to finish these guys so I can win"

Reactions: COLBOURNE

oddball300

Gang Hero
Jul 25, 2011
Granite City, IL, USA
If going orc all the black orcs lol :D honestly I dunno I just like that model. I'm with the other guys go with what you think is cool and bugger all the rest. Sides you can still be casual and competitive.

almic85

Gang Hero
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
Nurgle are a really slow starting team, but over a long period of time will develop into a really tough team and are one of the better anti-elf teams because of disturbing presence.

Lots of people find them less fun than chaos or other bash teams because a lot of their skills are based on making the other team fail rather than making nurgle succeed (such as foul appearance and disturbing presence).

Just don't expect them to outbash teams out of the box as they need to get a fair bit of block on the team before they are actually reliable.

Also I strongly recommend looking at the strategy guides on FUMBBL
https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6Nurgle'sRottersSetUp
https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6Nurgle'sRottersStrategy
https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6RotterSurvey