N18 Goliath (HoC) Starting gang

Kasox

Feb 19, 2016
Hi all,

I am in the process of launching a campaign with a few friends next week. I will mainly be playing against Cawdor, Orlocks and CGC.

I have pulled together the following list and wondered if there were any changes you would please recommend?

My primary concern is a lack of range and effective ranged weapons which may limit my abilities to get close to use my Forge Tyrant and Stimmer.

https://yaktribe.games/underhive/gang/goliaths.290203/

Heart of Storm

Gang Hero
Mar 8, 2019
Its a compact, killy gang, id consider dropping dermal hardening off your gang boss to try afford smoke grenades in one of your grenade launchers, which will give them some cover as they move up the table, Nerves of Steel and the amount of gene-smithing you've applied to them will get them most of the way.

Looking at what you're playing against, I would perhaps reconsider going hard melee with Goliath. Corpse Grinders are a hard counter to Goliaths because their scary masks force you to roll against your (poor) mental stats, which could easily result in your two big hitters failing charges.

Cawdor have access to lots of spammable blaze templates which makes melee difficult as they can just set your big boys on fire.

Orlocks are probably a favourable match up for this gang, but that's one of three you're likely to do well against.

Reactions: Kasox

Kasox

Feb 19, 2016
Many thanks for the feedback and I will definitely drop the Dermal Hardening on the Forge Boss.

I was also thinking of dropping the paired pulverisers for paired spud jackers freeing up another 25 creds and trying to fit in a combat shotgun to counter the lack of charge on the CGC on one of the bullies?

Stompzilla

Ganger
Jan 11, 2013
Bullies can't take combat shotguns. It's not a terrible weapon to give to the boss (Tyrant) though.

My boss was an absolute terror last campaign with his Firestorm combat shotgun and power Axe.

If you've got a spare 10 creds you can't go wrong with a movement boost to the Tyrant with Prime Specimen.

Jun 12, 2022
Smoke grenades are always good. Can't shoot what you can't see as you amble up the field. Hungry hungry hippos (CGC) can mince you, and everything else. I found that a forge boss with a lowly stub cannon and overwatch ,via unborn genesmithing, can stop with knockback one of those cannibal charges in their tracks.
Cawdor blaze spam is a problem for everyone but closing quick or under cover puts the horde at risk of becoming paste or friendly blaze fire.

VikingWarfighter

Jun 15, 2014
Bullies can't take combat shotguns. It's not a terrible weapon to give to the boss (Tyrant) though.

My boss was an absolute terror last campaign with his Firestorm combat shotgun and power Axe.

If you've got a spare 10 creds you can't go wrong with a movement boost to the Tyrant with Prime Specimen.
Bullies can take combat shotguns which is a great choice