N17 Goliath Weapons Upgrade Packs Revealed

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Sorry didn't read carefeully enough...

Goliath pdf includeds the same rule that any fighters can access Wargear (Wargear, Grenades, Armour). This is starting to look like a pattern :p

Would anyone deny the other gangs to do the same now?

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
Would anyone deny the other gangs to do the same now?
If someone was obtuse enough to deny Goliath juves access to wargear before this pdf came out, I'm sure they are still obtuse enough to deny Orlock juves wargear now. GW3 will probably (hopefully) clarify that it applies to every house gang anyway.

I still think the 20 credits limit on juves' weapons should be extended to also apply to wargear though.

Last edited:

Gdolkin

Gang Hero
Jun 25, 2017
Nottingham
They can also take autopistols, laspistols and wargear.
But Laspistols and Autopistols aren't in the Goliath House List, and there are no Goliath-sized Autopistols or Laspistols available to add to the one awkwardly-posed stub gun from the plastic kit..? Am I missing something?

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
But Laspistols and Autopistols aren't in the Goliath House List, and there are no Goliath-sized Autopistols or Laspistols available to add to the one awkwardly-posed stub gun from the plastic kit..? Am I missing something?
You can purchase Laspistols and Autopistols for 10 credits each at the Trading Post. Since they are Pistols worth less than 20 credits, juves can equip them. As for finding suitable minis, I've heard some ork shootas make good Goliath autopistols. No idea what would make good laspistols for Goliath.

almic85

Cranky Git
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
You can purchase Laspistols and Autopistols for 10 credits each at the Trading Post. Since they are Pistols worth less than 20 credits, juves can equip them. As for finding suitable minis, I've heard some ork shootas make good Goliath autopistols. No idea what would make good laspistols for Goliath.

I would probably use the Ork shootas as autoguns and the Ork sluggas as autopistols.

I have recently converted two Goliath Gangers to carry GSC autoguns and they look tiny compared to the Goliaths.

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
there are no Goliath-sized Autopistols or Laspistols available to add to the one awkwardly-posed stub gun from the plastic kit..? Am I missing something?

No idea what would make good laspistols for Goliath.

While not as freely available as newer kit parts (or Ork parts) if you have any old 1995 plastic Goliath pistols they’re all the same scale as the Stubgun on the sprue. They often come up on eBay too.

Gorkamorka had a decent selection too, including a nice shotgun. Plus the old 90s Marine sprue has a chunky autopistol and laspistol.

Of course, cutting needed.

Vegeta365

Ganger
Oct 2, 2017

Isn’t this only after the first game though? Don’t you need to wait until after the first game to use the trading post?

Vegeta365

Ganger
Oct 2, 2017
20 cr limit is first game only now (I know, I know). The TYPE of weapon they can have remains - Pistols, CC & Wargear only.

Incidentally whilst I think this is the intention, Jonathan’s Facebook response on this said ‘wargear’ so it depends on if he meant wargear or wargear wargear lol.