Gorkamorka FAQ

Malthusian

Apr 27, 2017
I hope this thread is still being checked, so here goes:

What weapons exactly can be kustomized by the meks? The language isn't exact and references to "guns" and "weapons" are used almost interchangeably. Given some references and the types of customs, it's clear it can't be a melee-only weapon (choppa, etc.), but it's not evident whether "hand-to-hand" weapons like sluggas and six-shootas can be customized. In the gunz section, the first references to kustomizing is in the shoota description, and the remaining gunz have limitations on their kustomizing. So my read is that only gunz (specifically shoota, blunderbuss, kannon) are eligible to go to the mek's (as well as their twin linked versions), but sluggas, six-shootas, and all big gunz cannot (which also clears up the question on the first post about skorcha upgrades--they can't be upgraded at all). Am I reading the rules correctly?

Also, are there any rules regarding duplicate serious wounds? Obviously orcs can injure both arms, both legs, both eyes, but can they be affected twice in the same way (i.e., two left leg wounds)? Or if you roll a second leg wound, would it automatically affect the previously "good" leg? If you "max out" on a specific injured limb, is the injury re-rolled?

Reactions: Flamekebab

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
What weapons exactly can be kustomized by the meks? The language isn't exact and references to "guns" and "weapons" are used almost interchangeably.

The rules say any weapon, though you're no doubt right that this isn't intended to apply to HTH weapons like a choppa (even though a choppa can be a chainsword-type thing) or even to a bow and arrow (though that is on the list of Gunz).

It never even occurred to me that Big Gunz or sluggaz couldn't be kustomized though.

Also, are there any rules regarding duplicate serious wounds?

As far as I'm aware, there's nothing saying anything other than apply the injury as written. You can have your left leg injured once, for -1M, then have it more injured for a total of -2M. I don't see any reason to complicate matters by making up additional rules.

Flamekebab

Gang Hero
Gorkamorka Warboss
Feb 17, 2011
Carmarthen, UK
fox-box.co.uk
I hope this thread is still being checked, so here goes:

What weapons exactly can be kustomized by the meks? The language isn't exact and references to "guns" and "weapons" are used almost interchangeably. Given some references and the types of customs, it's clear it can't be a melee-only weapon (choppa, etc.), but it's not evident whether "hand-to-hand" weapons like sluggas and six-shootas can be customized. In the gunz section, the first references to kustomizing is in the shoota description, and the remaining gunz have limitations on their kustomizing. So my read is that only gunz (specifically shoota, blunderbuss, kannon) are eligible to go to the mek's (as well as their twin linked versions), but sluggas, six-shootas, and all big gunz cannot (which also clears up the question on the first post about skorcha upgrades--they can't be upgraded at all). Am I reading the rules correctly?
There's no official stance, I'm sorry to say. The interpretation varies between players and campaigns. It's one of the things we're looking to address in GCE as it's kind of a shambles!

Also, are there any rules regarding duplicate serious wounds? Obviously orks can injure both arms, both legs, both eyes, but can they be affected twice in the same way (i.e., two left leg wounds)? Or if you roll a second leg wound, would it automatically affect the previously "good" leg? If you "max out" on a specific injured limb, is the injury re-rolled?
Yep, sort of. For example warriors can get multiple Impressive Scars with a stacking bonus. I'd say that implies that they're cumulative.

Fullork

Ganger
Feb 19, 2016
Nj
Sorry if this was covered, but freebootas question. For the pirate skill pet growler squiggle, does its hit on a 5+ inky occur if you win the combat? I ask because it says its reusable if you win, implying it can be used right away.

If a vechicle is disabled, do the driver and or gunner pop out and fight on foot or are they auto out of action?

Also, I know you can equip a model with more than one knife, but does that have to be later on or can you start with two? It seems like a no brainer for drivers and gunners to give them two to start if you can, just for the extra attack.

Lastly for now, do nonrebel grits have the same restrictions for amount if weapons as rebel grots? I didnt see anything caping them at two hand to hand weapons like rebel grots.

Last edited:

Flamekebab

Gang Hero
Gorkamorka Warboss
Feb 17, 2011
Carmarthen, UK
fox-box.co.uk
Sorry if this was covered, but freebootas question. For the pirate skill pet growler squiggle, does its hit on a 5+ inky occur if you win the combat? I ask because it says its reusable if you win, implying it can be used right away.
Got you in the other thread but for completeness sake - there's no precedent. Personally I'd interpret it as occurring separately before combat but there's no canonical answer. Well, unless you contact Neal Plews on FB? He's part of the Gorkamorka group on there.
If a vechicle is disabled, do the driver and or gunner pop out and fight on foot or are they auto out of action?
The driver and crew are separate to the vehicle. Unless the rules specifically says something happens to them they're unaffected.
Also, I know you can equip a model with more than one knife, but does that have to be later on or can you start with two? It seems like a no brainer for drivers and gunners to give them two to start if you can, just for the extra attack.
They're right there in the table on page 69 of Da Uvver Book. Fill yer boots.
In Necromunda they cost the equivalent of 0.5 teef but I guess GW didn't feel it was worth the admin.
Lastly for now, do nonrebel grits have the same restrictions for amount if weapons as rebel grots? I didnt see anything caping them at two hand to hand weapons like rebel grots.
Rebel Grot weapon restrictions are specific to them. This also means that non-Rebel grots can all carry shootas, should you be so inclined.

Fullork

Ganger
Feb 19, 2016
Nj
Nice thank you, I'll try to message him. I'll also as about the kaptin since it seems strange hes equal in teeth as a nob but starts out leadership 8.

Few questions came up in a ffa game today. What happens when you get a result on a vechicle damage table that you already had, is it rerolled? Also if thrusters are damaged, could they still be jammed, we found it hilarious and went with yes, but I couldnt find anything saying ignore it.

Is muties gaining fixer an omission error? Or am I misreading the skill?

Flamekebab

Gang Hero
Gorkamorka Warboss
Feb 17, 2011
Carmarthen, UK
fox-box.co.uk
Few questions came up in a ffa game today. What happens when you get a result on a vechicle damage table that you already had, is it rerolled?
Mostly vehicle Permanent Damage is cumulative - the effects stack.

Also if thrusters are damaged, could they still be jammed, we found it hilarious and went with yes, but I couldnt find anything saying ignore it.
Ooh, good point. I reckon that needs investigation for GCE (file a bug, please!).

Is muties gaining fixer an omission error? Or am I misreading the skill?
In all likelihood it's a mistake and should be rerolled. We're modifying the generic skills in GCE as the originals didn't take into account that they'd be applied to non-Ork mobs.

Fullork

Ganger
Feb 19, 2016
Nj
I worded it wrong. I meant the location table. So say you get a thrusters damage result, then later get it again, is it rerolled or just absorbed?

Fullork

Ganger
Feb 19, 2016
Nj
I don't understand the question, I'm afraid. Are you asking whether there are weapons that are exempt from the exploding weapons rule?

The wording confused me but I might be overthinking it. But yes. Is the exploding weapon universal on a one or is it only certain weapons?

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
You might have to interpret 'explodes' liberally. A bow and arrow is unlikely to explode in the literal sense, but it can snap in a way dangerous to whoever's using it.

Flamekebab

Gang Hero
Gorkamorka Warboss
Feb 17, 2011
Carmarthen, UK
fox-box.co.uk
You might have to interpret 'explodes' liberally. A bow and arrow is unlikely to explode in the literal sense, but it can snap in a way dangerous to whoever's using it.
Nasty splinter.

A crossbow could do some serious harm if it malfunctioned. Not so sure about a Rebel Grot slingshot but I suppose it wouldn't be pleasant for it to snap into one's eye...

Fullork

Ganger
Feb 19, 2016
Nj
Ah, I was overthinking it again, got to stop doing that.

Speaking of probably overthinking lol. The fuel injector surgery result, does it allow the stats to go above max? Says add to the basic pn a successful roll, while not perminate the wording through me off.

The kick and the horns giving the extra attack, is that in addition to two weapons? And when working out weapons used for strikes, are those counted as weapons as far as rotating hits? Or are they just purely added on attacks and you then use your equipped weapons to sort out strikes.

For instance, I have choppa, slugga, and horns and kick. I win the combat by 4 and have 4 strikes.

Is it two choppa and two slugga rolls to wound or is it choppa, slugga, kick (base str) and horns (base str)?

Lastly, I see muties mentioned to not get the minus 1 for grenades in several conversations here, yet I see that nowhere in the book, just they can reroll the artillary on a miss. Is there a passage I'm missing?

Can a falcion be used with the waagh skill? Since the skill says no shields, does that mean just no special block? Or is the falchion like a shield but not really one so that doesnt apply?

Last edited:

Flamekebab

Gang Hero
Gorkamorka Warboss
Feb 17, 2011
Carmarthen, UK
fox-box.co.uk
Ah, I was overthinking it again, got to stop doing that.

Speaking of probably overthinking lol. The fuel injector surgery result, does it allow the stats to go above max? Says add to the basic pn a successful roll, while not permanent the wording through me off.
It might be worth a clarification somewhere, actually. The statline maximum is based on permanent increases. A temporary buff should probably overrule it. In this case it definitely should but there might be some other rules that provide temporary buffs.

The kick and the horns giving the extra attack, is that in addition to two weapons? And when working out weapons used for strikes, are those counted as weapons as far as rotating hits? Or are they just purely added on attacks and you then use your equipped weapons to sort out strikes.

For instance, I have choppa, slugga, and horns and kick. I win the combat by 4 and have 4 strikes.

Is it two choppa and two slugga rolls to wound or is it choppa, slugga, kick (base str) and horns (base str)?
Here you're probably overthinking it. Over in that you're thinking about it more than the authors did!
My rule of thumb would be that if the bioniks don't have statlines or pseudo-statlines then they're profile Attacks and effectively buff that stat, meaning they apply as if the warrior was using their weapons.

As with everything else - open to interpretation. As long as your group agrees then that becomes the rule.

Lastly, I see muties mentioned to not get the minus 1 for grenades in several conversations here, yet I see that nowhere in the book, just they can reroll the artillery on a miss. Is there a passage I'm missing?
I think I've just memorised the rule wrong. You're absolutely correct and things will need updating.
Can a falchion be used with the waaagh skill? Since the skill says no shields, does that mean just no special block? Or is the falchion like a shield but not really one so that doesn't apply?
I'd say that it doesn't apply but again, I think it's an oversight. I'd say ask the authors but I doubt they'd remember given how short GoMo's dev cycle was (eight weeks, if memory serves).
I would say that the falchion works as normal.

Fullork

Ganger
Feb 19, 2016
Nj
It might be worth a clarification somewhere, actually. The statline maximum is based on permanent increases. A temporary buff should probably overrule it. In this case it definitely should but there might be some other rules that provide temporary buffs.

Here you're probably overthinking it. Over in that you're thinking about it more than the authors did!
My rule of thumb would be that if the bioniks don't have statlines or pseudo-statlines then they're profile Attacks and effectively buff that stat, meaning they apply as if the warrior was using their weapons.

with everything else - open to interpretation. As long as your group agrees then that becomes the rule.
Ah, so they are basically a fancy way to get a +1 attack stat. Makes sense since other upgrades raise stats.

Fullork

Ganger
Feb 19, 2016
Nj
What threw me off was it said extra attack not +1 attack. So my mind was thinking it was it's own weapon.

Fullork

Ganger
Feb 19, 2016
Nj
Adding to my earlier question you said to put in the bug thread, but incase this is covered I'm putting it hear first. Can jammed thrusters occur if the vehicle is immobilized? We found it hilarious and did it anyway.

Also with my earlier comment, Neal said you were right about how the squig skill works, and he confirmed the walk the plank skill can be taken more than once. Just typing this here incase someone else reading it has the same questions.