Gorkamorka FAQ

Apr 25, 2018
Arkansas
In GoMo you can get 2x free knives for the extra attack - unlike Necromunda, where the knives cost money - but technically you can only swap ONE weapon before combat. I've always ignored that rule as silly, but if you play RAW then that may be some reason to use a pistol.
Huh, ok then. Btw, do you know how to change usernames? thought the name thing in the registration options page was for your real name... :whistle:

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
It's his site, so he is all powerful.

I've tagged him already, so he should see this anyway. What name would you want?

Apr 25, 2018
Arkansas
It's his site, so he is all powerful.

I've tagged him already, so he should see this anyway. What name would you want?
Probably Digganob, it's the name I use for most things. It's cus I've always liked Orks since I was introduced to 40K, so my friends call me it. Also, how do I post my gangs on my profile, do I have to be an Honored Tribesman?

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
A couple more posts to take you up to 10 and you'll progress from New Member to Juve and you can start using all of the fun bits & peices - posting images, gangs etc etc.

Go have a mooch round minis & terrain and express your awe at some of the beautiful work on show, you'll be a fully fledged member in no time!

Apr 25, 2018
Arkansas
A couple more posts to take you up to 10 and you'll progress from New Member to Juve and you can start using all of the fun bits & peices - posting images, gangs etc etc.

Go have a mooch round minis & terrain and express your awe at some of the beautiful work on show, you'll be a fully fledged member in no time!
Seems good, I'll get to work then!

Kon-rad

Gang Champion
Nov 11, 2014
Nagoya, Japan
But the the thing is, you can get that extra attack by using the knives/knuckles anyways, since you can switch to whatever hand-to-hand weapons you wish before combat, so unless you have a custom pistol or something I guess that there's no point to using them in CQC. I guess it doesn't really matter though, since you can just imagine it as otherwise but still.
Ah, I forgot about me knuckles! That is true. But Sluggaz are still useful in hand to hand if you don't happen to get a Choppa. I usually get my Drivers a pistol right off, especially if they are a biker and save the Choppa for later, just to save teef.

In GoMo you can get 2x free knives for the extra attack - unlike Necromunda, where the knives cost money - but technically you can only swap ONE weapon before combat. I've always ignored that rule as silly, but if you play RAW then that may be some reason to use a pistol.
Did not realize it was just ONE weapon! Another tiny rule of many, many that gets overlooked in the dust and blood.
"Free" knives......That makes me smile. I don't think anyone in our groups have ever tried to pull the the extra free knife out of that particular loophole. I'd love to see a proper "WYSIWYG" model with 50 "free" knives. Be a good way of representing a Head Wound!
Unlike in Necromunda. I remember heated debates on the "selling your free knife" back in the Necromunda ORB days. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Ben_S
Apr 25, 2018
Arkansas
Ah, I forgot about me knuckles! That is true. But Sluggaz are still useful in hand to hand if you don't happen to get a Choppa. I usually get my Drivers a pistol right off, especially if they are a biker and save the Choppa for later, just to save teef.

Did not realize it was just ONE weapon! Another tiny rule of many, many that gets overlooked in the dust and blood.
"Free" knives......That makes me smile. I don't think anyone in our groups have ever tried to pull the the extra free knife out of that particular loophole. I'd love to see a proper "WYSIWYG" model with 50 "free" knives. Be a good way of representing a Head Wound!
Unlike in Necromunda. I remember heated debates on the "selling your free knife" back in the Necromunda ORB days. :rolleyes:
How so? I mean, if your guy has strength 4 for instance, then using the free knife would be better than using a strength 3 slugga.

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
You seem fixated on S4 guys with S3 sluggaz. Sure, for them a knife is better. But that doesn't mean sluggaz are useless for everyone.

Like I pointed out above, you could have a S2 guy (with an arm wound) or a S4 slugga. In those cases, the slugga would be better than a knife. So, there's a point to being able to use sluggaz in combat, even if it won't be worthwhile for everyone.

Apr 25, 2018
Arkansas
You seem fixated on S4 guys with S3 sluggaz. Sure, for them a knife is better. But that doesn't mean sluggaz are useless for everyone.

Like I pointed out above, you could have a S2 guy (with an arm wound) or a S4 slugga. In those cases, the slugga would be better than a knife. So, there's a point to being able to use sluggaz in combat, even if it won't be worthwhile for everyone.
I guess so, but I think that's the only situation where it is really a good idea. Also I suppose you could customize it with extra strength, so that's something.

Zeebogie

Ganger
Nov 13, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Also you can't hit someone other than hand to o hand with a Knife, and if you take a shootas or Kannons you instantly lose the +1 attack no matter what else you have

Apr 25, 2018
Arkansas
Also you can't hit someone other than hand to o hand with a Knife, and if you take a shootas or Kannons you instantly lose the +1 attack no matter what else you have
I actually personally kind of house ruled that out, made it so that you can have one large gun without a loss.

Zeebogie

Ganger
Nov 13, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
I actually personally kind of house ruled that out, made it so that you can have one large gun without a loss.
Well that explains your question a bit more then, if you're playing that any weapon can be held and two hth weapons gives abonus to attacks then yes, there is no point to sluggaz as you may as well just take a Shoota or Kannon...
However I would really suggest keeping in the rule about pistols only as otherwise your likely to end up with everyone equipping Kannons and Choppas and it will get generic pretty quick, you'll also change how some mobs play, e.g Muties will now also able to get the bonus so snagas can be A3 to start,

Reactions: Ben_S and Kon-rad
Apr 25, 2018
Arkansas
Well that explains your question a bit more then, if you're playing that any weapon can be held and two hth weapons gives abonus to attacks then yes, there is no point to sluggaz as you may as well just take a Shoota or Kannon...
However I would really suggest keeping in the rule about pistols only as otherwise your likely to end up with everyone equipping Kannons and Choppas and it will get generic pretty quick, you'll also change how some mobs play, e.g Muties will now also able to get the bonus so snagas can be A3 to start,
Oh yeah, I suppose that is true. But I think you misunderstood, although you can use pistols in hand-to-hand combat, this is usually not preferable to to the fact that you can just switch to knives and take advantage of the user's strength instead of a fixed strength 3. Also, something to off set the lack of power pistols have compared to gunz is another house rule I instituted, duel-wielding. my rule is that you can shoot two pistols at the same time, and although this is expensive it can be more powerful than a simple shoota volley. and plus, doesn't it make sense that you could sling a rifle onto your back and use other weapons? Double plus, to offset the abuse of single shoota+double choppas, I could make it so that you'd have to switch your weapons a turn before charging or getting charged, so that's an option.

Zeebogie

Ganger
Nov 13, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
At the end of the day any house rules you want to use are going to come down to how you and your friends want to play the game don't take what I'm saying after this as criticism on your ideas I agree 100% on your stowing weapons making sense I'm just pointing out things that get overlooked a lot with swinging rules around that don't seem like big issues at the time but if you make a ton of little changes at some point youll run into balance issues (btw I'min no way trying to say the gomo rules are perfect)
if you make it that you have to spend time stowing weapons then that would make sense but will add in more stuff to keep track of and you'll have to be specific about when its done (e.g would you have to sacrifice your previous turns shooting phase to stow it? if so does that mean you also cant run that turn unless you have the hipshoota skill (aka can run and shoot)? or do you just have to declare it at the end of your turn which effectively would be the same as swapping in combat.
Also having pistols as double shot if you dual wield is it two separate shots or two shots at the same target? do you have to spend a turn stowing a pistol if you want to use a choppa? and if so can you holster a pistol and shoot the other in the same shooting phase or is it done at the end of the turn? if you can fire two six shootas in a turn does that mean you can reload them both in the next turn?

Reactions: Ben_S
Apr 25, 2018
Arkansas
At the end of the day any house rules you want to use are going to come down to how you and your friends want to play the game don't take what I'm saying after this as criticism on your ideas I agree 100% on your stowing weapons making sense I'm just pointing out things that get overlooked a lot with swinging rules around that don't seem like big issues at the time but if you make a ton of little changes at some point youll run into balance issues (btw I'min no way trying to say the gomo rules are perfect)
if you make it that you have to spend time stowing weapons then that would make sense but will add in more stuff to keep track of and you'll have to be specific about when its done (e.g would you have to sacrifice your previous turns shooting phase to stow it? if so does that mean you also cant run that turn unless you have the hipshoota skill (aka can run and shoot)? or do you just have to declare it at the end of your turn which effectively would be the same as swapping in combat.
Also having pistols as double shot if you dual wield is it two separate shots or two shots at the same target? do you have to spend a turn stowing a pistol if you want to use a choppa? and if so can you holster a pistol and shoot the other in the same shooting phase or is it done at the end of the turn? if you can fire two six shootas in a turn does that mean you can reload them both in the next turn?
The way I think I'll make stowing weapons away work is that you'll have to spend your shooting phase doing so, and then be able to use your other weapons next turn. I suppose that something like this would effectively solve the problem of pistols vs. knives, since you'd of course want to get a few shots off before a combat! As for how duel-wielding would work is that you'd be utilizing it the same way as multiple shots would work, so like if you had three shots with a full auto shoota you could aim those three shots separately at different warriors. And the way I make six shootas work is that each one takes an individual turn to reload, since that is the way it would work in real life. It's not like you can reload two revolvers at the same time. Hope that answered all of your questions! Remember, Gomo is a game pretty much designed for house rules. (p.s. I also made crossbows take a turn to reload instead of what they had, and when boarding instead of an automatic loss you only get thrown overboard if your warrior gets taken down, so that boarding actions are more exciting and longer.)

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
What happens to a warrior's equipement after a successful rescue mission?

The injury table says warriors retain their equipment if traded or ransomed, while the captors retain it if he's put to work in the mine. Neither of those apply here. The scenario doesn't seem to specify anything. (Well, it's clear he doesn't have his weapons during the scenario, but it could work like Necromunda [NCE] where he gets them back afterwards.)

Reactions: Zeebogie

Kon-rad

Gang Champion
Nov 11, 2014
Nagoya, Japan
What happens to a warrior's equipement after a successful rescue mission?

The injury table says warriors retain their equipment if traded or ransomed, while the captors retain it if he's put to work in the mine. Neither of those apply here. The scenario doesn't seem to specify anything. (Well, it's clear he doesn't have his weapons during the scenario, but it could work like Necromunda [NCE] where he gets them back afterwards.)
That's a good one. We always played it like the NCE and you get them back, but I suspect that is not covered. Quite often when there are little holes and oversights in the GoMo rules (as there were in the Necro ORB) we take a look at the NCE and see if there is a fix.