Guilder miniature

AndeeT

Ganger
Apr 16, 2016
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Guilder gangs have recently tickled my fancy but I have a problem. I can think of models for pack slaves, pit slaves, heavies and mercenaries but I am struggling with the Guilder themselves. Any ideas? Usually I would stick with GW or even Necro/GoMo mini's but I guess a guilder is a bit of a special case so I would be willing to try other manufacturers.

Some of the background pic's portray guilders as Lord Harkonen-esque characters, others simply rich and eccentric. Their stats suggest they have a kind of 'all the gear and no idea' feel about them. I still feel they should be a little grimey and dirty looking...the filth of the Underhive isn't picky on who it reaches!

Look forward to your suggestions :)

Reactions: Llewy and Stubram

Azzabat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Jan 24, 2013
Bristol, UK
Lol ... I was going to suggest maybe taking an empire figure and Do a head/weapon swap, but @Tiny's idea is better.

Last edited:

Halbling

Gang Champion
Dec 28, 2015
Karlsruhe

Azzabat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Jan 24, 2013
Bristol, UK
I don't I'm afraid, but my buddy uses this for his role playing miniature and I'd say it fits very well scale wise. I.e. It's the same size.

Reactions: Halbling

Azzabat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Jan 24, 2013
Bristol, UK
I like that one. A Hive guilder needs to be fat though surely. A display of his affluence thru corpulence.

Reactions: The Duke

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
Yeah, there's a few different stereotypes for guilders I'd say.

Affluent and not afraid to show it - Fat, nice clothes. Lots of attendants.
Not doing so well but makes sure he gets his own luxuries - Fat, less nice clothes. Probably accompanied / carried around by malnourished slaves.
Miserly, may or may not be wealthy - Gaunt, looks like a horrible scrote. Lots of burly enforcers.

The hobbit guy definitely fits the latter.

Stubram

Gang Hero
Jul 9, 2016
Dorset
This is something I've been interested in as well. Would you guys be interested in making this a community project, perhaps coming up with an original concept that we like and then making it? I don't want to take over the conversation but if folks are interested, I am :)
Awesome idea dude. I'm crushingly envious that you're talented enough to go 'f@ck it, there's no mini that I like for this game, Imma make one'

The Duke

of the Grim-Dark and The Lord of Lawful-Evil
Yak Comp 1st Place
Jan 23, 2015
London
I have been keen to get going with a Guilder / Spyre Noble NPC or two in some far-fetched far-flung scenario idea for the future:

I have this little set of three in my collection gathering dust & unpainted to date (in metal - OF COURSE!) I'll get to grips with them one day, but the "master of the fleet" model is a good one for a guilder I reckon.

99060105263_RegimentalAdvisorsNEW01.jpg

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-DK/Imperial-Guard-Regimental-Advisors

And then there is this beauty from the amazing Guilder / Spyrer stand-in from the (now ended) Colony 87 miniatures range too:

Lord & lady Greiss.JPG

two great paint-jobs from two of my favourite blogs here:

http://leadplague.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-rogue-trader-gallery.html

http://magpieandoldlead.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/colony-87-lady-greiss.html

And not to forget the GW classic from the Inquisitor / Witch Hunter range:

inquisitor_scribe_01.jpg

And the classic Dogs of War Warhammer Fantasy "Mydas the Mean" figure is great for this too:

Mydas.jpg

All good Guilder contenders if you ask me.....