N18 Guilds and Underdog Rating

daKing

Juve
Jan 11, 2018
Austin, TX
If I bring help from my Guild to a game and my opponent doesn’t; how does that affect the difference in gang rating? Especially for Iron Guild who can have 5 Scum with a lot of gear.

~Cheers

Apr 10, 2018
Reading
Rules as written most of the guild parties don't add anything to gang/crew ratings. That doesn't sit well with a lot of people, and there a few houseruled lists of ratings for them on the forum that try to accurately represent the boost they can allow.

The Iron Guild and Narco Lords are a little different as they bring along Scum with an already defined value. Whatever Scum they give you add to your gang rating in the same way they would if you'd paid to hire them.

Baffo

Ganger
Aug 2, 2018
Ljubljana
RAW Guild/Criminal delegations have no Rating and there is not mention in the rules of how they may affect Underdog calculations.
That said, the Iron guild delegation is probably the 'cheapest' if you were to try and calculate the rating of each delegation (even just by adding up the value of all the equipment some delegations bring).

daKing

Juve
Jan 11, 2018
Austin, TX
So RAW I should be adding the appropriate value of the scum to my rating when I play? That makes sense, but also 5 scum at 90 creds adds up!

Baffo

Ganger
Aug 2, 2018
Ljubljana
So RAW I should be adding the appropriate value of the scum to my rating when I play? That makes sense, but also 5 scum at 90 creds adds up!
Here is a link to the most recent attempts to calculate a sensible Rating value for each allied delegation:
https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/attempt-to-give-guild-criminal-allied-crews-a-rating.9495/#post-211518
As mentioned there is no official ruling on the issue, so it is up to every gaming group to discuss it and agree on a way to resolve it: either all allied delegation have no Rating (including any Hive scums gained as delegations from the Iron guild or the equivalent criminal alliance) or you assign a rating to each delegation and calculate them in the Rating differential to figure out who is the underdog and by how many 'points'.