N18 Having trouble parsing outcast equipment rules

locleos

Ganger
Apr 19, 2022
Sorry if this is dumb, but I can't parse out what's intended from the text.

Does the "equipment list" you gain from affiliation apply to your gang or just your leader?

E.g. if I made an Escher affiliated outcast gang, could I buy boltguns and other Escher ganger Pistols, CC & Basic weapons for my gangers? Or could only my leader take Escher weapons?

Scabs

Gang Hero
Feb 4, 2014
San Diego. CA, USA
The whole gang. Which begs the question, "Why not just play Eschers?"

The OC rules allow one to "build a leader," and affiliate them (as a backstory). So, a leader could be from the Eschers (as backstory). Or, be clanless. Though the rules would favor one over the other. The clan afiliate has access to more weapons and gear.

locleos

Ganger
Apr 19, 2022
Because you want to do something dumb with the leader obviously. And you dont lose much in terms of escher gangers.

Scabs

Gang Hero
Feb 4, 2014
San Diego. CA, USA
No, "something dumb" was leading my firsts gang with a M 3" Squat. Not to be confused with leading my new gang with a Genestealer Cult Adept, instead of just playing a GSC. So, Brood Brothers instead of Hybrids. Which is even dumber, because it does not open up the GSC list. Because they are not a clan, but a cult. Or, whatever. Exactly no one within a 100 miles would care, either way. Anyway, I get your point.

Jun 12, 2022
The Gang subject to their fighters weapon type limitations
"And you dont lose much in terms of escher gangers." Their epic Hair maybe...
A "proper" Outcast gang should have hordes of cheap fighters anyway IMHO for the basic weapon selection and Scum anyway so my Outcast Scum rarely bother with more specilised kit anyway but having a rouge Goliath lording over his Horde of miscreants with his faithful sumpcroc pet Ripper has a certain appeal.