N18 Helot Cult - Nurgle boys miniatures

Wsiolek

Juve
Jun 19, 2023
Birmingham, UK
Hi,

I want to build a Helot Cult with Nurgle theme, but struggling to find miniatures that aren't "too mutated" so thought that I will ask here.

I have got another Helot Cult which I used Chaos Space Marines: Chaos Cultists together with Cultist Warband and I don't want to use the same models for Nurgle gang.

I looked at Poxwalkers, but feels like they are mutated a little bit too much for my liking.

Does anyone have an idea what other minis could potentially work?

If you can get your hands on the old forgeworld renegade militia models, there are some absolutely great ones for exactly this (and exactly what I use, mixed with flagellant lower torsos for robed cultists, with genestealer hybrid weaponry - was inspired by this photobash - )

The renegade militia bits come up from time to time at more reasonable prices than they are usually on for, so worth just keeping an eye out on eBay.

Reactions: Wsiolek
Thanks, yeah that's exactly the look I am aming for. That photobash looks great, but after a quick search on eBay it looks like they are really expensive at the moment. I occasionally check thetrolltrader.com for minis as they have a good deal every know and then, but those models averaging around £10 per mini :/

Have you seen any third party models or bits that can be used for the same purpose? I looked on Etsy, but most cultists fit more Cawdor gang then Nurgle.

cawdor are an obviouse choice , all rags and rust.
maybe a chance of heads if you can find some

cawdor are an obviouse choice , all rags and rust.
maybe a chance of heads if you can find some
I was thinking about that actually, just not sure where I can get some good looking heads. I like designs with the gas masks simillar to the Kriegs, but they are wearing the helmets.

It would limit your poses, especially if you don't want the Pestigor. Though the good news is that Pestigors are probably the best/easiest bit to sell-on (because Blood Bowlers will probably want the extras).

Good to know that they can be sold quite easily, thanks.

I just check that and have found a few people selling Nurgle Blood Bowl models as singles so will definitely pick some to swell the ranks.

Have you checked out @Mad Robot and their hooded renegade hybrid torsos?

Have you checked out @Mad Robot and their hooded renegade hybrid torsos?
Thanks, never heard of them before.

That stuff would fit perfectly imo. 👍

Those Mad Robot ones bear more than a passing similarity to the Forgeworld renegade militia, so could very much be used to achieve the photobash above. The Flagellant kit for AoS (for the robes) is relatively cheap despite being great conversion fodder as well - just be aware that the torso / legs come as one part, so you need to saw them in half at the waist to make it work - that is eminently doable though - ive done it and it looks great.

I wanted to avoid kitbashing at the start, but thinking of doing it anyway. Hopefully my gang will look half decent.

I also got some spare Genestealers bits so there should be a few options available there to equip them.

If you're open to non-GW bits, then Stargrave scavengers have some cool bits, but they're 28mm so I assume they'd look pretty small next to modern GW scale creep. (They work well enough alongside 90s metal Necromunda figures.)

I don't have any old Necromunda models myself but played against Goliath gang two weeks ago that had old juves. As much as I like "kid-like" look of those minis, they looked more like they are in their teens then just younger gangers next to modern models.

I wonder why GW didn't make any scaled up juves for modern gangs.

This guy, in particular, looks really suitable:

1713354768204.png

• Love