Heroquest

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
It's a re-release rehashing the last edition
Not really, the last edition added henchmen.

This is a reskin of the first release.

Honestly I’m not fussed about about that, it happens all the time. As others have said if you want modern game design get a modern game.

This is after all a board game and as such I don’t expect it to follow the wargamers style “completely new rules edition” every few years.
While they do tweak things like Monopoly and Cluedo any major deviations from the core game are clearly flagged as such, like when one Monopoly came with credit cards.

So I’d expect it to be the same rules, maybe with an edit here or there. And why not? It worked well for its intended audience back then - hell, most of them are still here playing newer games!

Reactions: Aulenback

Jembo17

Gang Champion
Apr 27, 2013
Derbyshire, UK
Not really, the last edition added henchmen.

This is a reskin of the first release.

Honestly I’m not fussed about about that, it happens all the time. As others have said if you want modern game design get a modern game.

This is after all a board game and as such I don’t expect it to follow the wargamers style “completely new rules edition” every few years.
While they do tweak things like Monopoly and Cluedo any major deviations from the core game are clearly flagged as such, like when one Monopoly came with credit cards.

So I’d expect it to be the same rules, maybe with an edit here or there. And why not? It worked well for its intended audience back then - hell, most of them are still here playing newer games!
Completely agree. If I lived in the US i'd get it purely for nostalgia. The rules are basic compared to what I play now, but I am confident that my gaming group would happily buy and play it's campaigns whilst reminiscing about how the game was the 'gateway game' that got us into it all. Hell, we all still remember various escapades that our heroes got into 30 years ago, and even recall the names of our characters. Good times.

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
I only played HeroQuest once or twice back in the day, and I'd quite like to get this version, but I'm not backing a KS for it. If it appears in a shop then great, if not then never mind.