N18 Hints of Ash Waste Nomads?

cronevald

Gang Champion
Jun 5, 2016
Missoula, MT

There's a lot of talk about Ash Wasters in the new Warhammer Community piece. I do like the idea of warlords using the derelict ship husks as fortresses, and this may explain the slightly warp tainted look of the concept art. It also takes me back to the Drakensberg which I thought was one of the better parts of Borelands the Pre-Sequel.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Conspicuous! Especially considering they went to the trouble of making concept art...

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I think there was concept art shown at an open day or similar a while back, but the pictures in the article are all old ones. I don't think any of them are of Ash Wasters either - one is of Ratskins...

Jun 15, 2014
Almeria, Spain
Could be a very nice campaing setting to play inside those hulks. Close enough to a mini hive to use same miniatures than regular Necro but with enough openings to use "external" gangs as nomads, raiders or even xenos.

Last edited:

Kisada

Jun 16, 2019
I think there was concept art shown at an open day or similar a while back, but the pictures in the article are all old ones. I don't think any of them are of Ash Wasters either - one is of Ratskins...

cronevald

Gang Champion
Jun 5, 2016
Missoula, MT
Yeah, I was referring to the stuff from the open day. It had a spooky, wispy vibe that might lend itself toward a hint of warp taint given whats written in the article.

LordLithca

Juve
Jul 19, 2012
Liverpool
I think I saw something on Warhammer TV which said there would be a series of "Perils of...." Books, each adding a new set of rules, scenarios and settings to play games. I would suspect Perils of the Ash Wastes, or something similar will happen at some.point. it would make sense as basic fluff was there when N18 was released so GW won't have to come.up with anything too new, so they can just build on what has already been published.
I hope it does happen- being an Orlock player I'd love the idea of rigs and bikes being brought into necromunda as gags fight in open wastes!

Darnok

Juve
Jul 17, 2019
Berlin
There are hints at lots of upcoming things - GW can not realistically do them all. I still think an Ash Waste supplement will happen sooner or later, most likely with at least one plastic gang box attached to it. In my opinion this won't happen before 2020 though, since Enforcers are next - they are not linked to Ash Wastes at all - and I doubt we will get anything big in the last quarter of 2019.

Kisada

Jun 16, 2019
Enforcers are linked to ash wastes tho. It literally says in the Apocrypha Necromunda Navi’s Mortis article that OP linked.

“Despite being a rich picking ground, Cinderak declared the region off-limits – she refused to let anyone profit from cargoes carried by the dead captains, and soon the borders of the crash zone were heavily patrolled by the armoured ash runners of the Palanite Enforcers.”

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
And they did say they had the initial 6 houses and 2 new gangs way back when so it could happen for the November slot.

Darnok

Juve
Jul 17, 2019
Berlin
Enforcers are linked to ash wastes tho. It literally says in the Apocrypha Necromunda Navi’s Mortis article that OP linked.

“Despite being a rich picking ground, Cinderak declared the region off-limits – she refused to let anyone profit from cargoes carried by the dead captains, and soon the borders of the crash zone were heavily patrolled by the armoured ash runners of the Palanite Enforcers.”
True, I had missed that part.

Pretty odd in my opinion, since their whole background so far has been centered around the Underhive. It also seems like their current background writer has still not been notified: it is Palatine Enforcers, not "Palanite".

KuStrife

Juve
Jun 4, 2018
Granada, España
"Despite being a rich picking ground, Cinderak declared the region off-limits – she refused to let anyone profit from cargoes carried by the dead captains, and soon the borders of the crash zone were heavily patrolled by the armoured ash runners of the Palanite Enforcers.”
Why does a Necromunda article links to a GSC vehicle while talking about Enforcers? Apart from SEO reasons

Kisada

Jun 16, 2019
Why does a Necromunda article links to a GSC vehicle while talking about Enforcers? Apart from SEO reasons
It’s probably because GSC aren’t making their own vehicles. I feel it’s showing that while their truck is a repurposed mining vehicle, their ridge runner is a repurposed palatine enforcer vehicle.

Reactions: KuStrife

KuStrife

Juve
Jun 4, 2018
Granada, España
It’s probably because GSC aren’t making their own vehicles. I feel it’s showing that while their truck is a repurposed mining vehicle, their ridge runner is a repurposed palatine enforcer vehicle.
I wonder if Enforcer heads will be interchangeable with GSC Neophytes for these kits, or there will be some Forgeworld addon to re-repurpose the ridge runner. A man can dream.

Last edited:

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
That would be when it goes down. But I wouldn't expect anything Necromunda related until after the Enforcers release. That should be next month, I'm surprised they haven't started previews yet. But they could be throwing out more meat like this instead, who knows?