Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Supporter
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.org
This may be answered somewhere in the N17/18 rulebook already, but upon reading it I can’t see anywhere that stops shooting attacks hitting on a 1+.
Towards the front of the hardback rulebook it talks about natural rolls and how a 1 is an auto miss if the rule specifically states as much. I can’t find any such wording during the shooting rules section. The closest thing I have found is the max characteristic section, where it says BS/WS can never be improved beyond 2+. That is for stats though, so a 2+ shooter in short range with a stub pistol can hit someone in the open or in partial cover on a 1+.
Shooting and combat not having an auto miss seems a bit off to me, can anyone show me if I’m missing something?

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Issy-les-Moulineaux 92130 France
The rule was there in N17 (Necromunda Underhive p 48: "If a natural 1 is rolled, the attack misses") but has mysteriously disappeared from the N18 rulebook.
Since the change is not mentioned anywhere in the official FAQ, we've to assume it was merely forgotten and not intentionally removed. The same has happened to most other "auto-fail on natural 1" though (it also used to the case for wound rolls, armour saves and CC hit rolls). The wound roll also lost its auto-success on natural 6.

cardyfreak

Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Supporter
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.org
Yeah I was having a spy to see if the auto miss was ever mentioned and couldn’t find it anywhere. I know we tend to take these things for granted, but I thought it would’ve been mentioned somewhere haha!