Question Hive scum - weapons

empjam

Feb 8, 2019
When adding weapons to a hive scum hanger on it has combat shotgun with inferno rounds for 30 points but no combat shotgun with the standard ammo. Perhaps I’ve been doing it wrong but don’t you need to buy the combat shotgun first then buy the inferno ammo after?

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Issy-les-Moulineaux 92130 France
No, you are correct. I suspect it's because Hive Scums can only spend up to 60 credits on their equipment, and the Combat shotgun costs 70 credits (so they can never have one). The tools simply don't "know" that it means they can't have Firestorm ammo either (since you need a Combat shotgun to make use of them), though I suppose you can technically have the Scum carry the ammo without any weapon to fire it.

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
No, you are correct. I suspect it's because Hive Scums can only spend up to 60 credits on their equipment, and the Combat shotgun costs 70 credits (so they can never have one). The tools simply don't "know" that it means they can't have Firestorm ammo either (since you need a Combat shotgun to make use of them), though I suppose you can technically have the Scum carry the ammo without any weapon to fire it.
This is exactly right.