N18 "House Aranthus"- Outcasts gang - looking for feedback

Crazy Ivan

Gang Hero
Nov 5, 2019
Culemborg, the Netherlands
Hi all,

My group will soon start a new campaign based on the Campaign from the Book of the Outcast and I will start an outcasts gang based on this snippet of fluff from House of Chains:

Basically, it will be led by the "Last Lord of Aranthus", the fomer Ogryn Captain (Ogryn Overboss), and the last retainer of House Aranthus (Jarvis) who'll be the brains behind it all):

The rest of the gang will be a mix of random scummers and PDF deserters (all counts-as Hive Scum). I'm looking for feedback on my starting list so far:

I know my opponents will be at least two further Outcasts gangs and an Orlock gang. Many thanks in advance!

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Looks like a nice list. I'd possibly take the fighting knife off the scummer and buy smoke grenades for the launcher to give you A. a better reload, and B. some way to cover your heavy hitters advance a little, as you are a short range gang in terms of the damage dealers.

Ottherwise, I really like it.

Reactions: Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan

Gang Hero
Nov 5, 2019
Looks like a nice list. I'd possibly take the fighting knife off the scummer and buy smoke grenades for the launcher to give you A. a better reload, and B. some way to cover your heavy hitters advance a little, as you are a short range gang in terms of the damage dealers.

Ottherwise, I really like it.
Thanks! Makes sense, I've adjusted the gang just so.

Reactions: spafe

Heart of Storm

Gang Hero
Mar 8, 2019
Why infiltrate on your "brains" guy? He's not a big threat and infiltrate on a melee model with no pinning mitigation feels like a good way to get him killed.

Fluffwise he feels like he should be built to support your big guy, gameplay-wise he's not statted to be a front-liner.

Crazy Ivan

Gang Hero
Nov 5, 2019
Why infiltrate on your "brains" guy? He's not a big threat and infiltrate on a melee model with no pinning mitigation feels like a good way to get him killed.

Fluffwise he feels like he should be built to support your big guy, gameplay-wise he's not statted to be a front-liner.
Ok, I can see that. Any suggestions on how you’d kit him out? I admittedly was a bit stumped.

Heart of Storm

Gang Hero
Mar 8, 2019
Ok, I can see that. Any suggestions on how you’d kit him out? I admittedly was a bit stumped.

So, two roads, either he runs in with the big boy and keeps things off his back, so a better pistol or gun, plasma or web for example.

The alternative is he hangs back with a sniper rifle and covers the big lug from a distance. You could even keep infiltrate on him so he can deploy where he's needed..

Crazy Ivan

Gang Hero
Nov 5, 2019
So, two roads, either he runs in with the big boy and keeps things off his back, so a better pistol or gun, plasma or web for example.

The alternative is he hangs back with a sniper rifle and covers the big lug from a distance. You could even keep infiltrate on him so he can deploy where he's needed..
Cheers! The more I think of it, the more making him a Wyrd appeals to me - and Technomancy would suit the model I’ve chosen. In addition to a good gun that would make him a formidable support character, I think.