Necromunda House Bharteth - kickstarter gang

Mar 15, 2021
Hello Everyone!
Wasn't sure where to put this so I thought it was a safe bet to stick it here.
Currently, a new custom House for Necromunda is being worked on and will see an eventual kickstarter release this year with models and rules.
Depending on how successful it is, the initial kickstarter stretch goals will focus on Dramatis Personae Hangers-on & Bounty Hunters, which can be fielded as the special characters OR existing hangers-on (extra arms and equipment will be provided to match).
Hopefully, the project will evolve into fully fledged gang as it gains traction, being able to field an entire roster with the models (there's enough concept art done to be able to do this).
The gang will focus on Strife and Treachery as themes. So expect a lot of internal squabbling and backstabbing!
Follow the Facebook page below! I will also post updates on this thread too with what is released/teased on the Facebook page.
Thanks for your time!

p.s. If you feel like a specific part of the game is not covered by a hangers-on that you'd like to see, feel free to comment below your suggestions! as well as any other critiques/comments.

House Bharteth Facebook Page

Reactions: Howie

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
Cool concept for a house. Unaffiliated gangs that have created a pirate kingdom. I can imagine it being a good place to fit non-GW minis and lore into.

The title says that it is in kickstarter? Is that accurate or are you using that as a generic term?

And I like the artwork. It is looking right.

Mar 15, 2021
Cool concept for a house. Unaffiliated gangs that have created a pirate kingdom. I can imagine it being a good place to fit non-GW minis and lore into.

The title says that it is in kickstarter? Is that accurate or are you using that as a generic term?

And I like the artwork. It is looking right
A kickstarter will happen later in the year. At the moment we have a sculptor working on the models. Initially there will only be 4 models available, and then each stretch goal will unlock one or two more until all 12 (i believe its 12) are unlocked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 15, 2021
I should say, we are looking for comments and critiques so feel free to say whatever!

On Facebook one person expressed their concern that the hired gun was a little cheap because it comes with a demo charge. While other's said that the price is justifiable as they may not always be deployed, and infiltrate can actually be a negative to the player.

Mar 15, 2021

And I like the artwork. It is looking right.

Hmmm for some reason it put my reply in the quote. and i can’t edit it.\
At the moment we have a sculptor working on the models. Initially there will only be 4 models available, and then each stretch goal will unlock one or two more until all 12 (i believe its 12) are unlocked.

Kaimuund

Mar 9, 2021
Some of the text needs some editing. I feel like instead of cliche mystery, the double down on a pirate motley of disgraced nobles, mercenaries, and scum plus cold traders could make for a very cool house.

Maybe even going so far as including ship captains and smugglers, talking about a monopoly on offworld tech like alien weapons and mechanics devices. Including a skitarii and some other non represented characters like a navigator, astropath, rogue trader, and some other offworlders would be awesome.

With house hawmawr or whatever monopolizing the single starport (which must be ENORMOUS considering how much comes and goes), hive primus must be absolutely crawling with people getting on and off ships, and shore leave crews.

Some unifying iconography or symbolism though is important to make it feel like a house. Otherwise, you're just renaming venators. Perhaps a mark, or token that shows membership like guilders use, and allows access to Port Side, the gang's stronghold in the spaceport.

Putting some weird stuff on the house gear list would be cool too. Most gangs have unique access to certain themed gear. Maybe some specific items from the adeptus mevchenicus book that are used by skitarii, or used on void ships. Grav boots alone would be cool allowing wall running and fast scaling of terrain, or the ability to reverse it for big jumps?

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
Have you given consideration to copyright law? I heard that patenting game mechanics is next to impossible but this is based on the actual game within GW's own narrative. That feels like dangerous waters to tread.

Sundown Dreamer

Gang Champion
Mar 6, 2018
Tübingen, Deutschland
Well, I'm not really convinced from the background. I myself have no really need for another great house gang or to much great heroes. In addition to the missing and coming original extensions, I am mainly interested in miniatures that close previous gaps. And what I really miss are ordinary residents and simple workers. For example the mixed people and employees in a bar, or as population and militia in a small settlement that has armed itself for guarding and self-defense.

In other words, I am mainly interested in miniatures with which I can represent, expand and tell a story in a scenario or diorama and within the well known background.

For this role or as Hanger-on I could like Limping Larry's drawing and if I like the mini, I could imagine that I would buy it for that too.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021
Some of the text needs some editing. I feel like instead of cliche mystery, the double down on a pirate motley of disgraced nobles, mercenaries, and scum plus cold traders could make for a very cool house.

Maybe even going so far as including ship captains and smugglers, talking about a monopoly on offworld tech like alien weapons and mechanics devices. Including a skitarii and some other non represented characters like a navigator, astropath, rogue trader, and some other offworlders would be awesome.

With house hawmawr or whatever monopolizing the single starport (which must be ENORMOUS considering how much comes and goes), hive primus must be absolutely crawling with people getting on and off ships, and shore leave crews.

Some unifying iconography or symbolism though is important to make it feel like a house. Otherwise, you're just renaming venators. Perhaps a mark, or token that shows membership like guilders use, and allows access to Port Side, the gang's stronghold in the spaceport.

Putting some weird stuff on the house gear list would be cool too. Most gangs have unique access to certain themed gear. Maybe some specific items from the adeptus mevchenicus book that are used by skitarii, or used on void ships. Grav boots alone would be cool allowing wall running and fast scaling of terrain, or the ability to reverse it for big jumps?
By some of the text needing editing are you saying there's spelling and grammatical errors?

So some things im sure I can reveal about the house are as follows:
1. There won't be that much mystery within the house. Only one faction is a bit 'mysterious' really. and the council of 6 have some form of ambiguity too because they have to distance themselves from the grunts. Think of Politicians who are corrupt and bribe others to do their bidding so they stay out of the limelight/trouble.
2. One of the factions is descended from a Rogue Trader house. So, there will be a heavy cold trade theme, with smugglers and such.

Astropath... you have given the team an idea! Thanks!

As for iconography or symbolism. We have a coin design, I thought I put it on the post but I guess not! That could be used as a membership token.

House gear list - we haven't gone in-depth with that yet. we were thinking Xenos weapons. We can look at the grav boots thing too.

Thanks for the comments!

Mar 15, 2021
Have you given consideration to copyright law? I heard that patenting game mechanics is next to impossible but this is based on the actual game within GW's own narrative. That feels like dangerous waters to tread.
yep! As long as we don't sell a physical or digital copy of the rulebook we are fine. The pdf will be available for free online. The kickstarter is only for the miniatures which the GW lawyers have no problems with!

Mar 15, 2021
Well, I'm not really convinced from the background. I myself have no really need for another great house gang or to much great heroes. In addition to the missing and coming original extensions, I am mainly interested in miniatures that close previous gaps. And what I really miss are ordinary residents and simple workers. For example the mixed people and employees in a bar, or as population and militia in a small settlement that has armed itself for guarding and self-defense.

In other words, I am mainly interested in miniatures with which I can represent, expand and tell a story in a scenario or diorama and within the well known background.

For this role or as Hanger-on I could like Limping Larry's drawing and if I like the mini, I could imagine that I would buy it for that too.

It's not really a great house. It's more a minor house with some political pull due to certain figures within and their history. We didn't want it to really be a great house.

Also, the heroes aren't necessarily all that great either. Limping Larry is a drunk after all. The next one can also be a bit destructive to your gang...

The miniatures themselves will also be able to be used as existing hangers-on. That was the first thing we made sure with the sculptor to do, was to make additional arms to represent existing hangers-on. So, one of the mini's will have the option of being one of four things. eg. Rogue Doc, Brute-handler, Ammo-jack or propagandist. To do this some mini's will have different head options, weapons and/or accessories. So, hopefully that addresses what you're looking for!

As for the ordinary citizens, etc... we could look into that depending on how successful this kickstarter is.

Thanks for the comments!

Reactions: BearsWillEatYou