Necromunda House Bharteth - kickstarter gang

Ashmagnus2112

Ganger
Apr 6, 2021
The miniatures themselves will also be able to be used as existing hangers-on. That was the first thing we made sure with the sculptor to do, was to make additional arms to represent existing hangers-on. So, one of the mini's will have the option of being one of four things. eg. Rogue Doc, Brute-handler, Ammo-jack or propagandist. To do this some mini's will have different head options, weapons and/or accessories
Honestly I feel like this in and of itself will make you have a successful product that gets quickly backed. There's a huge gap to dedicated minis for this outside FW ridiculous (in US at least) pricing all the fancy characters are cool and all but they already don't get used much in game based on the nature of hiring. I'd very strongly suggest you focus heavily on this aspect as even people who try to get snobby with"fan fiction" won't be able to resist buying a set on minis that allows them to convert up entire rosters of hangers on. This is the part I say is a grade A might as well be printing money idea

Reactions: House Bharteth

Sundown Dreamer

Gang Champion
Mar 6, 2018
Tübingen, Deutschland
yep! As long as we don't sell a physical or digital copy of the rulebook we are fine. The pdf will be available for free online. The kickstarter is only for the miniatures which the GW lawyers have no problems with!

It's good that you went into it and clarified that.

Because I also thought that a planned Kickstarter is no longer a fan project, but a commercial project and was therefore irritated and not very enthusiastic.
And if I've got that right now, then the book will be a (free) fan project and the planned Kickstarter will be the miniatures.

Mar 15, 2021
It's good that you went into it and clarified that.

Because I also thought that a planned Kickstarter is no longer a fan project, but a commercial project and was therefore irritated and not very enthusiastic.
And if I've got that right now, then the book will be a (free) fan project and the planned Kickstarter will be the miniatures.
That is correct! However, where the PDF will be available for free is another story. I haven’t looked but if I’m able to upload it here I’ll put it up. Then there’s google docs download or Facebook groups or house bharteth Facebook page, etc.

we are still a long way from being finished. The book will be as in-depth (hopefully) as the gamesworkshop ones. That means - gang history, alliances, scenarios, relics, full gang roster, etc… there’s also only two of us working on the PDF. And a lot of research has been put into each character and piece of lore so it’s taking us a while. Especially the rules. Oh man that takes ages. We look through each house book to see if what we’re putting down has been done before.

as for miniatures I checked. There are 16 but At the moment Only 4 concept sketches have been sent to the sculptor. the other 12 will be stretch goal unlocks or depending on popularity a separate kickstarter if stretch goals aren’t met.

Mar 15, 2021
Honestly I feel like this in and of itself will make you have a successful product that gets quickly backed. There's a huge gap to dedicated minis for this outside FW ridiculous (in US at least) pricing all the fancy characters are cool and all but they already don't get used much in game based on the nature of hiring. I'd very strongly suggest you focus heavily on this aspect as even people who try to get snobby with"fan fiction" won't be able to resist buying a set on minis that allows them to convert up entire rosters of hangers on. This is the part I say is a grade A might as well be printing money idea

we tried to appeal to both fan made enthusiasts and snobs with the project haha.

depending on how popular the Kickstarter gets we may even be able to provide even more customisable parts. but one of the main focuses was to try and get some of the unrepresented (and represented) hangers-on covered. Just to add more variety.

Mar 15, 2021
Could I ask, how are you getting the rules to look like the official rule book? I’m thinking of putting together a campaign pack for my group’s next event and would love for it to match the existing rules but I’m not experienced on PowerPoint. Thanks
I have been asked this so much. haha

you need Adobe acrobat pro and photoshop or equivalents.

then you just download any And all necromunda PDFs available on warhammer community. open it up on Adobe acrobat and click edit mode. For some reason GW doesn’t password protect their content.
you also need to download all the correct fonts to make it look like the official books.

i think that’s it…

Reactions: Jlove

Sundown Dreamer

Gang Champion
Mar 6, 2018
Tübingen, Deutschland
There is a background image for download in the vault.

Without Acrobat Reader Pro you can try differently. There are e-book programs such as Calibre for example, which can be used to convert e-books to PDF. And there are free digital epub reading samples.

Word, in turn, can convert PDF into a Word document for editing. Then you can remove the text and then you have the bare design page.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021
Our character feature this time around is on Ophidia, one of the six Athros, or Councilors, that rule House Bharteth. The oldest member of the Areios Pagos and considered a mother to all, Ophidia is the head of the Niqtakiir oikos within House Bharteth. She acts as the diplomat, a politician of some sorts, for the House. Using her influence in the upper hives to bribe or persuade planetary and imperial officials to get her way.

Ophidia is known as the queen of schemes and spinner of webs. She has a natural gift of deceit and deception, with the ability to mould a deal in her favour but make it appear the other party is better off. Often targeting the vulnerable and forgotten nobles to further expand her influence in the upper hives.

Her age is a well-guarded secret of which no one discusses. If someone might dare to ask… that poor soul would mysteriously wind up missing soon after. For is it not rude to ask a lady her age?

(Artwork courtesy of #orniris)