Necromunda House Bharteth - Patreon Gang

Ashmagnus2112

Ganger
Apr 6, 2021
The miniatures themselves will also be able to be used as existing hangers-on. That was the first thing we made sure with the sculptor to do, was to make additional arms to represent existing hangers-on. So, one of the mini's will have the option of being one of four things. eg. Rogue Doc, Brute-handler, Ammo-jack or propagandist. To do this some mini's will have different head options, weapons and/or accessories
Honestly I feel like this in and of itself will make you have a successful product that gets quickly backed. There's a huge gap to dedicated minis for this outside FW ridiculous (in US at least) pricing all the fancy characters are cool and all but they already don't get used much in game based on the nature of hiring. I'd very strongly suggest you focus heavily on this aspect as even people who try to get snobby with"fan fiction" won't be able to resist buying a set on minis that allows them to convert up entire rosters of hangers on. This is the part I say is a grade A might as well be printing money idea

Sundown Dreamer

Gang Hero
Mar 6, 2018
yep! As long as we don't sell a physical or digital copy of the rulebook we are fine. The pdf will be available for free online. The kickstarter is only for the miniatures which the GW lawyers have no problems with!

It's good that you went into it and clarified that.

Because I also thought that a planned Kickstarter is no longer a fan project, but a commercial project and was therefore irritated and not very enthusiastic.
And if I've got that right now, then the book will be a (free) fan project and the planned Kickstarter will be the miniatures.

Reactions: House Bharteth

Jlove

Ganger
Could I ask, how are you getting the rules to look like the official rule book? I’m thinking of putting together a campaign pack for my group’s next event and would love for it to match the existing rules but I’m not experienced on PowerPoint. Thanks

Mar 15, 2021
It's good that you went into it and clarified that.

Because I also thought that a planned Kickstarter is no longer a fan project, but a commercial project and was therefore irritated and not very enthusiastic.
And if I've got that right now, then the book will be a (free) fan project and the planned Kickstarter will be the miniatures.
That is correct! However, where the PDF will be available for free is another story. I haven’t looked but if I’m able to upload it here I’ll put it up. Then there’s google docs download or Facebook groups or house bharteth Facebook page, etc.

we are still a long way from being finished. The book will be as in-depth (hopefully) as the gamesworkshop ones. That means - gang history, alliances, scenarios, relics, full gang roster, etc… there’s also only two of us working on the PDF. And a lot of research has been put into each character and piece of lore so it’s taking us a while. Especially the rules. Oh man that takes ages. We look through each house book to see if what we’re putting down has been done before.

as for miniatures I checked. There are 16 but At the moment Only 4 concept sketches have been sent to the sculptor. the other 12 will be stretch goal unlocks or depending on popularity a separate kickstarter if stretch goals aren’t met.

Mar 15, 2021
Honestly I feel like this in and of itself will make you have a successful product that gets quickly backed. There's a huge gap to dedicated minis for this outside FW ridiculous (in US at least) pricing all the fancy characters are cool and all but they already don't get used much in game based on the nature of hiring. I'd very strongly suggest you focus heavily on this aspect as even people who try to get snobby with"fan fiction" won't be able to resist buying a set on minis that allows them to convert up entire rosters of hangers on. This is the part I say is a grade A might as well be printing money idea

we tried to appeal to both fan made enthusiasts and snobs with the project haha.

depending on how popular the Kickstarter gets we may even be able to provide even more customisable parts. but one of the main focuses was to try and get some of the unrepresented (and represented) hangers-on covered. Just to add more variety.

Mar 15, 2021
Could I ask, how are you getting the rules to look like the official rule book? I’m thinking of putting together a campaign pack for my group’s next event and would love for it to match the existing rules but I’m not experienced on PowerPoint. Thanks
I have been asked this so much. haha

you need Adobe acrobat pro and photoshop or equivalents.

then you just download any And all necromunda PDFs available on warhammer community. open it up on Adobe acrobat and click edit mode. For some reason GW doesn’t password protect their content.
you also need to download all the correct fonts to make it look like the official books.

i think that’s it…

Reactions: spafe and Jlove

Sundown Dreamer

Gang Hero
Mar 6, 2018
There is a background image for download in the vault.

Without Acrobat Reader Pro you can try differently. There are e-book programs such as Calibre for example, which can be used to convert e-books to PDF. And there are free digital epub reading samples.

Word, in turn, can convert PDF into a Word document for editing. Then you can remove the text and then you have the bare design page.

Last edited:
Reactions: House Bharteth
Mar 15, 2021
Our character feature this time around is on Ophidia, one of the six Athros, or Councilors, that rule House Bharteth. The oldest member of the Areios Pagos and considered a mother to all, Ophidia is the head of the Niqtakiir oikos within House Bharteth. She acts as the diplomat, a politician of some sorts, for the House. Using her influence in the upper hives to bribe or persuade planetary and imperial officials to get her way.

Ophidia is known as the queen of schemes and spinner of webs. She has a natural gift of deceit and deception, with the ability to mould a deal in her favour but make it appear the other party is better off. Often targeting the vulnerable and forgotten nobles to further expand her influence in the upper hives.

Her age is a well-guarded secret of which no one discusses. If someone might dare to ask… that poor soul would mysteriously wind up missing soon after. For is it not rude to ask a lady her age?

(Artwork courtesy of #orniris)

Mar 15, 2021
The second of Bharteth's senior leaders, Andreas Kalothetos, is one of the six Athros who rule the minor House.

Claiming to be a direct descendant of the Rogue Trader Gabrielle Kalothetos dating back to the glorious days of the Great Crusade, Andreas has little to back up his assertion apart from a tattered jacket and a malfunctioning power sword. Nonetheless he wields considerable power both within House Bharteth and in the void clans orbiting Necromunda.

A great deal of Bharteths trade goods come via Andreas’ networks and it is safe to say that a significant part of the Hives Cold Trade as well. While some refuse to believe his claim to be a Rogue Trader, none can deny his ability to remain out of the Enforcers, and even the Arbites, magnacles is beyond explaining. When asked to prove his pedigree with the Warrant of Trade Andreas will simply scoff, retorting that he has nothing to prove to the likes of Hive Scum.

(Artwork courtesy of #orniris )

Mar 15, 2021
Our third character focus on the senior leaders of the House of Strife; Athros Frangiskos Ounaros. Also known simply as just 'Boss', Frangiskos is one of the six Athros of the Areios Pagos. He represents the 'muscle' of House Bharteth, running all the protection rackets and ensuring that gang territory is defended.

Regularly seen with a wide grin on his face, those who do not know him would think he is a cheery and friendly individual. However, Boss has a reputation for being a sociopath who robs and assaults innocent people for his own amusement. Even though he knows such behavior is morally wrong, he is puzzled when someone objects to his actions. Usually, robbing or assaulting those who do.

Reactions: Willnox

Valar

Ganger
Feb 22, 2018
England, UK
The next House Bharteth Hanger-on and its Dramatis Personae equivalent!

He’s fun, bargain price for a doctor with a Flamer!

Just curious about his Chem Cocktail special rule, it says he starts under the influence of a Stimm Slug Stash? They only last for one turn so it might be better to give him one as normal equipment, it would suck to spend 120creds on a guy that makes a double move a the start of a game and drops dead 😅 or is that balanced internally with his cred cost?

Reckless doesn’t really translate to template weapons, so the idea of Moonface being a risk to his own side doesn’t come through.
“Before making a ranged attack with a Reckless weapon, randomly determine the target of the attack from all eligible fighters (including friendly fighters) within this fighter’s line of sight and range of the weapon.”

I could be wrong but since templates don’t target there would be no risk of friendly fighters ever being eligible?

Mar 15, 2021
He’s fun, bargain price for a doctor with a Flamer!

Just curious about his Chem Cocktail special rule, it says he starts under the influence of a Stimm Slug Stash? They only last for one turn so it might be better to give him one as normal equipment, it would suck to spend 120creds on a guy that makes a double move a the start of a game and drops dead 😅 or is that balanced internally with his cred cost?

Reckless doesn’t really translate to template weapons, so the idea of Moonface being a risk to his own side doesn’t come through.
“Before making a ranged attack with a Reckless weapon, randomly determine the target of the attack from all eligible fighters (including friendly fighters) within this fighter’s line of sight and range of the weapon.”

I could be wrong but since templates don’t target there would be no risk of friendly fighters ever being eligible?
Wow. I’ve never used a stim slug and I thought it said end of the game not round! I need to rethink this then.

You are also correct that template weapons don’t actually target. Man. I really dropped the ball with this character!

thanks for the feedback!

Valar

Ganger
Feb 22, 2018
England, UK
Wow. I’ve never used a stim slug and I thought it said end of the game not round! I need to rethink this then.

You are also correct that template weapons don’t actually target. Man. I really dropped the ball with this character!

thanks for the feedback!
Don’t worry, I think it’s still a really fun concept for a character it’s the traits themselves that are janky.

Stimm Slugs were originally unlimited use but they changed it to tone down Goliath rampages :D

I look forward to hearing more about the book!

Mar 15, 2021
Mar 15, 2021
After previewing the first three old guard members of the House's ruling council, we now move onto the first of the three new guard Athros.

Known simply as the Major, it is strongly suspected he is either a
former, or even current, ranking officer in the Necromundan PDF. What is clear is that the Major is of Clan Spider and has the fighting
prowess to back up the heritage. Whether he is actively serving or not has not prevented him from creating and operating an elite Mercenary Cadre known as the Eyes of Horus. Their equipment and tactics often rival that of the notorious Van Saar strike squads, some saying that members may even be drawn from the House of Artifice itself.

The Major's involvement with House Bharteth ensures that the Areios Pagos has a potent military force capable of operating outside of the Underhive should it need to move on enemies uphive or even into the Wastes.

Mar 15, 2021
The second of the new guard councilors for House Bharteth's ruling body. Rick is the fifth of six Athros who control the fragile alliance which holds the minor House together.

Considered an outsider by most, Rick is only 2nd Generation
Necromundan, his heritage being from the harsh death world of Van Deimansworld. Still, he has ingrained himself well inside the Palanite Cluster with the establishment and rapid expansion of his livestock industries. Buying up huge tracts of unused land for his imported Grox herds beyond the Hive, Rick has provided a new source of foodstuff for the Upperhives as well as an abundant supply of 'leathers'.

Strangely even with this wealth Ripperjack has set up residence in the Underhive, creating a large zoo/sanctuary style dome called Rick's Ripperjack Removal and Rearing Ranch. It has become a popular destination for both locals and Uphive thrill-tourists alike,
featuring some exceptionally rare samples of fauna. His place within the ruling echelons of House Bharteth has been a meteoric and mysterious rise.

Reactions: BearsWillEatYou
Mar 15, 2021
And the last of the six ruling councilors, or Athros, of House Bharteth; the eccentric noble/artist Orniris Terensi III.

The sole surviving heir of the entire Terensi bloodline, Orniris was orphaned in his early teens when a series of mysterious accidents wiped out his entire family. While originally of Hive Secondus, Orniris' grandfather relocated to Hive Primus less than a decade prior to the ill fated genestealer infestation and subsequent destruction of their former ancestral home. Still wealthy beyond measure, the heir of the Terensi fortunes shocked the Necromundan nobility when he spent the vast bulk of his wealth establishing a series of medical clinics in the lower hives.

Apart from the occasional inspection of one of his innumerable clinics, Orniris is normally locked away in his residence producing painted masterpieces that are almost always snapped up by the nobility or shipped off world to wealthy art connoisseurs. His association with House Bharteth is not well known and those that are aware simply write it off as another of his eccentric distractions.

Reactions: BearsWillEatYou
Mar 15, 2021
Sorry completely neglected Yaktribes! Now you're as up to date as all the posts on Facebook!
We are still looking for people to look for flaws, comment on rules and points costs, etc. Even fluff! if you think something doesn't sound plausible or it's lame or whatever feel free to tell us!