How many Mantas or Thunderhawks on one stand?

Hansuke

Ganger
May 18, 2015
Houston, Texas
I was looking at some mantas and thurnderhawk miniatures and was wondering how many models per stand I should use as a standard. What is the general consensus on this?

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
I've seen 2, 3 and 5 used for fighter markers. As they are both large ends of the markers, I could even see mantas being singles. But I'd say 2 mantas and 3 thawks would be fine

Reactions: Hansuke

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
I'd go 2 thunderhawks and 1 manta. Mostly because I'm cheap, but also because they're pretty large for a 20mm square marker.

EDIT: I mean 2 thunderhawks on one base. One manta on a different base. Don't put them all on the same base as that would be insane.

• Haha
Reactions: spafe and Hansuke

NoOneII.

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Oct 6, 2021
Germany, Hessia
I'd go 2 thunderhawks and 1 manta. Mostly because I'm cheap, but also because they're pretty large for a 20mm square marker.

EDIT: I mean 2 thunderhawks on one base. One manta on a different base. Don't put them all on the same base as that would be insane.
Do NOT suffer the Xenos to live! 👮‍♀️

Reactions: Hansuke

Hansuke

Ganger
May 18, 2015
Houston, Texas
Thanks for the replies. I was looking at the manta, and thought one per base was sufficient but was curious what others thought. As for the thunderhawks, I thought two per base would work, but seems like I have seen one per base somewhere.

Reactions: Tiny

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
I've seen the Thunderhawks 1 to a base too. I think they look better with 2 but 1 is ok if you prefer. I think a lot of Heresy era players also use 1 Stormbird to a base instead of Thunderhawks.