how plug and play is necromunda campaign to shadow war rules?

dannyslag

May 19, 2016
somplace
I am about to start a small shadow war campaign. But I much prefer the look of the necromunda campaign rules. I'm not very experienced with either. I know i've seen people bashing different pieces together, but I was wondering if it's close enough to be totally plug and play without rewrites? so could you use all the necromunda rules from the community edition, and just add the shadow war kill teams as is?

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

Sieggfried

May 17, 2017
May I dare say that I am in a similar position as you. My local shop is about to run a campaign this Monday and I would like any feedback as well from any people who have playtested the Necromunda campaign ruleset. I'll keep an eye on this thread I suppose :p

Drhoz

Ganger
The campaign systems are not particularly compatible, but then one is an active warzone, and the other is gang squabbles while trying to run illegal gambling dens, etc. But it would be easy enough to use a Necromunda gang in Armageddon, using the Necromunda equipment lists and prices, but the Armageddon income and recruitment rules.

I'm not sure how rare trade would work for the gangs though - black markets are a real thing, but I'd probably limit rare trade to one item available, period.

As for inserting Armageddon killteams into Necromunda, that's a whole different question

Reactions: Aulenback

Insurgent

Gang Champion
Mar 17, 2016
Springfield OR
You can run a Necromunda Gang really easy in SWA using ORB or LRB. The rules plug in almost exactly on the table top with weapon stats and point costs.

The campaign issues are on SWA's end and not on the Necromunda end of things. My advice is run a Necromunda gang in SWA campaign as business as usual. The SWA Kill Teams are in the hive doing their thing while trying to meet their promethium quota.

BUSINESS AS USUAL IN THE HIVE: Easy rules for Gangs in SWA
#1. If a Necromunda Gang fights a Kill Team then you roll the scenario on the SWA scenario table and follow those scenario rules.
#2. Ratskin Scouts and Ratskin Maps still provide local knowledge and can still modify the SWA scenario table.
#3. Any promethium caches awarded for playing a SWA scenario are still awarded to a Necromunda Gang.
#4. Promethium caches double as Isotopic Fuel Rods for gangs and can be used to turn any territory into a settlement or sold at half cost for 25 credits.
#5. If a gang loses 3 to 1 casualties in a Kill Team Fight or an Ambush the gang must forfeit a settlement or its most valuable territory to the Kill Team, the Kill Team loots the territory for an additional prometheum cache.
#6. Gangs roll on their own injury chart, use their own experience progression, use their own skill tables, and collect income from territories. Gangs disregard Underdog and Giant Killer Bonus when fighting Kill Teams
#7. Any forces of the Imperium can report gangs and make them roll on the Outlaw chart with the -3 for fighting forces of the Imperium.
#8. Necromunda gangs can also fight other Necromunda gangs in a campaign involving SWA Kill Teams. Gangs use all the standard rules for gangs fighting gangs. They roll on the Necromunda or Outlaw scenario chart as normal. No promethium caches are awarded when gangs fight gangs.
#9. Gangs use Necromunda ammo rolls to represent their poorly maintained equipment. But use SWA sustained fire rules.
#10. THE GENERAL RULE, if you are playing a gang use the Necromunda rule for it.

Last edited:

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Belatedly:

Alternatively, you can easily run SW:A kill teams in the Necromunda campaign system [experience, injury, trade, etc]. Just treat them all as Outlanders, operating deep behind [enemy] lines. Some would have an easier time with starvation than others [Space Marines, Kroot, etc], they would not have easy access to trade goods [Outlaw trading post for most, being dirty xenos scum]. Likewise, GorkaMorka rules similarly easily fit with Necromunda/SW:A as well. It is pretty well plug-and-play, in either direction.

Reactions: CaptainDangerous