Hulkamunda quest :)

AndyT81

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Aug 25, 2012
Tesside UK
ba4aqe6a.jpg

Just finished another 3 hulk board sections and had a thought......
Combine:
Start with a juve each (most likely to die-like in whq when starting out)
Turn sequence and random map generator from whq
Movement, combat and advancement from necro
Monster tables from outlanders (purge scenario is it?)
'Treasure' is a roll on the trading post....
Think its a possibity?
I do have a vague recollection of an article about doing something similar, maybe I'm just remembering that!

Andy T's Necromunda Plog

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkforce

Gang Hero
Jul 23, 2012
Headed for the Eye of Terror
not sure i'd have treasure be a roll on the trading post... there's too much variance in gear quality. and some things would be somewhat redundant (imagine getting a clip harness, for example).

ideal would be to work up an availability table like they have in mordheim, and award credits, imo.

Clagger

Gang Champion
Aug 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia
www.facebook.com
AndyT81 said:
Pretty pictures.

So I'm thinking out loud for an actual game in that sort of table top. For cover, which is very limited, would you feel the need for cover in how you envision this game to go?

As in, barrels and boxes all over the place, half shut doors (do you have doors?)

Do you have T Intersections, Cross Roads, Dead Ends or Large open rooms?

Ramps or stairs possible? I don't exactly have CAD on this computer or I would have just drawn it up. It would require some sexy Trig calcs to make parts for ramps etc, I figure the top part comes in line with the bottom of the top floor piece.

AndyT81

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Aug 25, 2012
Tesside UK
Thanks for the input guys!
Good point about the 'useless' items on the trading post, but I was kind of aiming for that element to the game. You would get treasure after every completed event card like in quest, and often that treasure will be 'useless'.
I think have the mordheim rule book somewhere so will have a look at what you said.

With regards to the terrain I'm currently making a 3d version of space hulk so it will have doors, cross roads, etc but will be all on one level.....for now! :)

Andy T's Necromunda Plog

Clagger

Gang Champion
Aug 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia
www.facebook.com
AndyT81 said:
With regards to the terrain I'm currently making a 3d version of space hulk so it will have doors, cross roads, etc but will be all on one level.....for now! :)

I like spatial puzzles so hit me up when you know how many different sections you're going to make so I crunch out how many different table tops you can make. ;D

I'm type of crazy nut who magnetized five 40k Buildings and five Bunkers so it's like Lego.

Ronquilo

Jul 23, 2013
Have to admit when I saw the title, I was hoping for some Hulk Hogan/Necromunda mashup (brother!) So i'm a little bit disappointed, but this still looks like an awesome idea!

The Castle

Heavy
Staff member
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA
Ronquilo said:
Have to admit when I saw the title, I was hoping for some Hulk Hogan/Necromunda mashup (brother!) So i'm a little bit disappointed, but this still looks like an awesome idea!

we've already got this gang mulling about.

AndyT81

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Aug 25, 2012
Tesside UK
A turn would go something like this:
The 3 juves are in the entrance corridor to a buried space ship.....

TURN 1
'Power phase'
Player rolls a 3 so nothing happens (a 1 generates an event card)

'Adventurers phase'
The players move (necro rules) to the end of the corridor

'Monsters phase'
No monsters so skipped

'Exploration phase'
The juves open the door and the next 'dungeon card' is turned over... It's a small room. This generates an event card, which is taken from the 'purge scenario' in outlanders. It's some critters which are placed in the room (like whq).

TURN 2
power phase
A 1 is rolled and another event card is drawn. These critters are placed according to the whq rules. (Base to base with the juves most likely!)

'Adventurerd phase'
The juves fight the critters using necro rules.

Monster phase
The monsters attack the juves using necro rules.

Exploration phase
The juves have one man down but have wiped out the critters. The juve rolls a 1 and gets up (with a flesh wound?)
The adventurers get 2 'treasure cards'- 1 for each event card. These are rolls on the rare trade. They get a silencer and plasma grenades :)

Needs play testing.... Think it will be fairly brutal but fun :)

Thoughts?

Andy T's Necromunda Plog

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
I assume exp would be done in game? so the juve that jsut dispatched a critter gains 5 (or would d6 exp be better?) and if they level up then they roll on advance table. I dont know if this was meant to stretch over a number of games, but after a few rooms you could have a pretty powerful ganger!

AndyT81

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Aug 25, 2012
Tesside UK
I was planning on doing the exp after each game... but live updates are a cool idea.
I'm planning on the games being fairly short and brutal with quite a high chance of everyone going ooa :)

Andy T's Necromunda Plog