Ignoring ammo checks while using sustained fire

As has been said, all shots are worked out individually so ammo rolls are taken as and when required, and a failed ammo roll stops subsequent shots being taken. This also means that things like nerve tests are worked out before the next shot is fired.

Looks like I'm wrong about that then. I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing though. It makes enough sense for ammo tests, but having someone run away into cover between bullets seems silly. I just deal with nerve tests and pinning at the end of the shooting phase.

Since shots are so fast. We kinda have our own overwatch rules. Along anywhere in the movement we stop the model to take a shot at it.
But if you want to "Rewind' a model that's fine too.
If someone runs into cover. You tell your opponent you want to shoot at the model along a point he moved. and the owner places the model to a point where he had moved.

Reactions: trollmeat
Looks like I'm wrong about that then. I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing though. It makes enough sense for ammo tests, but having someone run away into cover between bullets seems silly. I just deal with nerve tests and pinning at the end of the shooting phase.
Unless you've got a bunch of six gangers closely grouped staring down the barrel of a heavy bolter... then you'll be praying they all fail their nerve tests and bolt for cover hahaha!
Then again, if you find yourself out manoeuvred like that then you probably deserve to be taught a harsh lesson mwahahahaha!

Personally my viewpoint is that you resolve all the shots before taking nerve tests as otherwise it appears that you're shooting at a bunch of Supermen who are faster than a speeding bullet....

With regards to the ammo roll, the whole point of the workshop/autorepairer/armourer is that they make it less likely for you to fail a test as they make your weapons more reliable. So no interuption to the sustained fire as the initial fail essentially never took place.

Agree with @JimboDeany that, aside from being charged from a Fear/Terror causing character, that Nerve Tests should occur in the Recovery Phase alongside the attacking player's recovery actions. Now that I've written this I'm sure there are some examples that would break this line of thinking...

Personally my viewpoint is that you resolve all the shots before taking nerve tests as otherwise it appears that you're shooting at a bunch of Supermen who are faster than a speeding bullet....

With regards to the ammo roll, the whole point of the workshop/autorepairer/armourer is that they make it less likely for you to fail a test as they make your weapons more reliable. So no interuption to the sustained fire as the initial fail essentially never took place.

Agreed. You didn't run out of ammo thanks to your Workshop (or whatever) so you can keep shooting.