Incorporating the good parts of N17 - or converting lists to N17

Jacqualine47

Jun 28, 2016
Georgia
I'll be picking up N17 pretty soon, but I've already heard about some of the good parts - such as alternating unit activation.

What are feelings here; would it be better to incorporate some of those changes into SWA, or to try to update/rework the SWA team lists to fit into N17?

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
For what it's worth, there'd be more longevity converting from SWA to N17, since I think there'll be longer-term support for N17, but the systems are honestly more different than similar (even when SWA has Necromunda as a base, it's deviated from Necromunda so much as to make it a different beast to N17), so you'd have a big job ahead of you converting all the rules over.

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
Kinda depends on which bits of N17 you really like. If it's alternate activation you can just play SW:A like that easily enough. If it's using N17 dice for ammo roll as you shoot, you can do that, same goes for many other minor things.

The base of N17 is easy enough to use, just ignore the whole gang creation section at the back and use the SW:A lists/missions/campaign parts instead.

I've not done it so I can't say what practicalities might need to be adjusted but it should be fairly slim really. There are extended statlines in N17 but they're not used much at the moment and you could just ignore those rolls in favour of the older SW:A way of performing similar tests.

Reactions: Space Truckin

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
Madness as it may seem, I do like the fighter cards in N17. Mostly I like having all their information in one spot. Like the weapon stats. So I don’t have to look them up. To that end I’m thinking of modding the N17 cards to SW:A/N95 style statlines and using them for my games.

Perhaps that sheet of 8 cards in the vault could be modified in that way? @Mongooser @Ash_Wastes_Traveler

I doubt anyone else cares but even include the three check boxes on the fighter cards would be cool. I like the way I can hand over a card when they’re captured (they still stay on the roster until dead/sold etc) to the opponent. It’s a nice gesture.

Anyone else like this idea or am I just barking mad??

Last edited:

dabbk

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Nov 26, 2016
Berlin, Germany
I completely agree for the cards! To me, SWA could be pushed even more to the boardgamy, deck building experience of selecting your team over 3/5 games (which is the amount of games I've had with the minicampaigns I've done).

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
Woof woof!!

Here I am, back again and I think I've managed to work up a Shadow War: Armageddon Fighter Card that'll be useful enough for most games.
Here's a tester with some demo text in so you can see it in its full... well, maybe not glory. I need to find a way to make it fit nicely onto a printable sheet of paper but overall, I'm happy. So, use these in conjunction with your traditional roster and enjoy having quite a bit of info on handy card form (once I've perfected it into a PDF).

Again, don't know if anyone is interested in these? @dabbk @Malo ?

Reactions: dabbk and Malo