Necromunda Influence of N:UW to the Necromunda Tabletop?

Sundown Dreamer

Gang Hero
Mar 6, 2018
I don't have the game, but I like the environment of Necromunda: Underhive War I've seen so far.

Do you believe Necromunda Underhive Wars is a good source of inspiration for Necromunda Tabletop Terrain?

Does it maybe affect the way you build terrain for Necromunda or to build and paint your miniatures?
Or what do you think about ziplines for the tabletop game?

I would be really interested how you see that.

Last edited:

MedMos

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
I've only watched on youtube, but got an idea for a huge centerpiece. I like how they portrayed the underhive as proper industrial sized! Not terra industrial...

Edit: at first glance I was sceptical about zip lines, but the good old outlanders box had a terrain piece with an elevator. It provided a tactical movement element, if you could take advantage of it, so maybe...

Last edited:

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
Ziplines could be fun. One of the biggest obstacles in most Necromunda versions was climbing up and down, so having more options to ascend and descend would be good. Especially for any M3 characters.

MedMos

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
As long as we are talking about ziplines and mobility, I was thinking of maybe doing a crane-elevator on that huge centerpiece mentioned earlier. Essentially an elevator where the controls are seperate from the platform, so you either have to control it with another fighter, or run the risk of your opponent moving it around if you park a fighter on the platform. It would have limited mobility of course, either swinging in an arc between a few platforms, or simply having the winch move it up or down like an actual elevator. Any thoughts?

Reactions: Space Truckin

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
Sundown started another thread to talk about possible rules for zip lines as well. Feel free to add possible rules or critique what has already been said.

Reactions: MedMos

Sobek

Gang Hero
Jul 22, 2018
Germany
Do you believe Necromunda Underhive Wars is a good source of inspiration for Necromunda Tabletop Terrain?

Definitely. So excited to paint up new models and get back to making moar terrain as soon as possible (after finishing some smaller projects on my desk, that is)!

A friend of mine just started playing the Escher campaign and now wants to create his ingame custom gang as models for Inq28 or possibly Necromunda (we mostly use Necromunda rules for Inq28 anyways..) AND he wants to make an Underhive board now, seeing all the environments in the game.

Been watching some let's play videos, definitely a good source of inspiration for boards, structures, colour schemes. I really like what they did with this game.