INQ28 Campaign anyone?

prewarsalad

Gang Champion
Dec 22, 2015
newcastle
Hi all! I have just comeback from Manky meet and absolutely loved the weekend of dedicated, narrative gaming. I was putting out my feelers with this thread to see if people would be interested in doing something similar with INQ28.

I would be looking to do it in the North of England and wanted to go whole hog, in the vein of Mare Solum or Rhossum Secundus. I'm talking custom setting (dreamt up here), full table of mission specific scenery and obviously a hand made platoon each.

Any takers?

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
I'd be interested, but I'd need to look over my available miniatures and the rules again; we'd also have to figure out when and where exactly it would actually take place (Durham, Newcastle, Other?), and whether there would be enough people for a hotel venue or if we'd need to see who had a house big enough to run the event.

prewarsalad

Gang Champion
Dec 22, 2015
newcastle
That is precisely what this thread is for. I would have thought between 4 and six people would probably be the best group size. What sort of story would you want for the campaign? I was mulling over the idea a ship haunted by daemons of the warp.

Reactions: Ardavion

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
A ship adrift in the warp, the last vestiges of the psykers on board either dead, driven insane by the Chaos cults or found to have enough force of will to hide cowering in the patchwork bubbles of a malfunctioning Gellar Field device along with the few (un)lucky survivors, banding together with what few resources and supplies are available, along with The Emperor knows what else, to try and survive...

prewarsalad

Gang Champion
Dec 22, 2015
newcastle
A ship adrift in the warp, the last vestiges of the psykers on board either dead, driven insane by the Chaos cults or found to have enough force of will to hide cowering in the patchwork bubbles of a malfunctioning Gellar Field device along with the few (un)lucky survivors, banding together with what few resources and supplies are available, along with The Emperor knows what else, to try and survive...
Ooh! This I like.

prewarsalad

Gang Champion
Dec 22, 2015
newcastle
We could run it like a survival horror! Everyone gets just a few models and has to pick their way trough the possessed ship, looting corpses and supplies as they go. Trying not to be butchered or driven insane by the warp entities.

Scavvierising

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
Are you talking inquisitor in 28mm or inquisimunda here? Both have an appeal. Although I've never really delved into either of them.

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Give us a chance precious, give us a chance!
I havnt even had time to write the last one up!! :p

I can’t commit to anything just yet, but I will be watching with interest! :)

• Haha
Reactions: prewarsalad

prewarsalad

Gang Champion
Dec 22, 2015
newcastle
Given the nature of having to devise everything from the ground up and build a whole table it would be off in the future like.

If we are playing with small teams and using corruption and sanity it would probably be best to use the inquisitor rule set.

That said nothing is concrete at the moment and feel free to fling ideas into the mix. I do like the idea of a warp breech mind. Maybes it takes place in a mining colony?

If we do end up doing a dungeon crawl I thought it would be fun to design a couple of rooms each and then reveal them one at a time at random.

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
To be fair, you could always work corruption and sanity as T and LD tests; I've not looked over inquisitor rules for corruption and sanity, but dark heresy rules divided by 16 (to convert d100 to d6) might be a jumping off point to consider.

Generating tables should fairly straightforward given pre-existing tables in other systems that can be adapted to the needs of the setting/campaign.

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
so instead of 4x4 tables, there could be one looong table that is built (or revealed) as the game is played?
Exactly. Your mission is to get from A to B without being mauled or driven mad.
That sounds like a very specific (possibly end-of-campaign) scenario, rather than an overall campaign.

prewarsalad

Gang Champion
Dec 22, 2015
newcastle
That sounds like a very specific (possibly end-of-campaign) scenario, rather than an overall campaign.
True. We could have other scenarios in the same creepy, randomly generated terrain. Or something completely different.

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
A one day narrative campaign could be pretty cool!
Realistically, most folks play three games in a day with a shootout and/or special scenario squeezed in. But if those games were pre determined and/or had a very fluffy path to travel, it could make for a spectacular day!
(And I wouldn’t need to take a day off work 😁 )

TRIBEMEET NORTH EAST! WOOP WOOP!

Reactions: prewarsalad

AliHaley85

Mar 20, 2013
Coventry
Long time lurker first time poster - would be up for some Inq28 / Inquisimunda. Think a day built round a scenario / narrative element would be awesome. Theres a lot of cross over in the Inquisitor and Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader character classes. Depending on the number of people and classes involved you could probably develop a great day.

For example, based on the drifting ship idea; 4 people, with say 3 people in each "gang".... The groups come across a derelict floating in orbit around a dead world ravged by war on the edge of the halo stars, they must each decide how to proceed... they can work together to investigate, try and double cross one another or attack one another to try and discover the secrets of the ship.
You could split the day into a series of encounters; a pair of 2 player games followed by an all play, then a "final mission"... or something like that.

(Ive been playing the blackstone fortres game recently, and boy its a good narrative game, so this and my enjoyment of pen & paper RPGs may have influenced this somewhat!)

prewarsalad

Gang Champion
Dec 22, 2015
newcastle
Long time lurker first time poster - would be up for some Inq28 / Inquisimunda. Think a day built round a scenario / narrative element would be awesome. Theres a lot of cross over in the Inquisitor and Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader character classes. Depending on the number of people and classes involved you could probably develop a great day.

For example, based on the drifting ship idea; 4 people, with say 3 people in each "gang".... The groups come across a derelict floating in orbit around a dead world ravged by war on the edge of the halo stars, they must each decide how to proceed... they can work together to investigate, try and double cross one another or attack one another to try and discover the secrets of the ship.
You could split the day into a series of encounters; a pair of 2 player games followed by an all play, then a "final mission"... or something like that.

(Ive been playing the blackstone fortres game recently, and boy its a good narrative game, so this and my enjoyment of pen & paper RPGs may have influenced this somewhat!)
Space derelict... Or haunted mining colony!?

Fold

Gang Hero
Oct 26, 2013
London E2
fromthewastes.com
You could also consider using kill team rules for this. Insanity and corruption would make decent additions to the “resources” that the base game has (with house rules for what each resource does for you).

Can’t travel oop North but will be watching this to see what you all do!

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
i like the idea of 3 long tables for a whole weekend. center table is the main level of the ship (or mines). table to the left would be upper levels and table to the right would be lower levels of the ship (or mines). each would have clearly marked access points to go up or down levels. with the right gear (multimelta or lascannons) you could make new ones.

and the side tables don’t have to be continuous. there could be three completely separate upper levels: rear battery, bridge, forward battery. and three separate lower sections: engine room, cargo hold, torpedo bays.

prewarsalad

Gang Champion
Dec 22, 2015
newcastle
If we blast this out across 1 day and use inquisitor rules, how many games do you think we need for a campaign? I'm thinking 3 or four.

THE DAY AS IT STANDS IN MY HEAD.

Two teams of three or four players using two characters each. The sides are those loyal to the Emperor and those who are not. Agents of chaos wish to ferment rebellion and open portals for daemons, the emperors lackeys... I mean, people want to stop this from happening.

Scenario 1, upset with a recent string of brutal, ritualistic murders the townsfolk amass outside the colony regents House in protest. Sides will be tasked with causing/stopping a riot and then both will need to escape.

Scenario 2, seeking to whip up/quell the burgeoning rebellion the opposing factions must attempt to take over a communications relay. This will be used to broadcast propaganda about the old gods that kept people safe before the Imperium/how only his divine light can save us in this trying time.

Scenario 3, depending on how things have gone up to this point it will be a case of either fleeing a planet on the brink of a full warp incursion or hunting the traitors into the depths of the mines to murk them.

Again, this is not a dictate. Feel free to suggest anything else. Rival Ad Mech explorators hunting a desert for tech? A jousting tournament on a feudal world? Xenos fleeing a house nobles zoo?

Those last two were meant to be making a point that you can suggest anything but are starting to grow on me.