Inspirational Viewing

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
the episodes are short and widely varied, both in subject matter and animation style. it’s too easy to get sucked into “ok, just one more and then sleep!”

Reactions: Aulenback

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
They're both films with that cyberpunk feel. Anon has a murder committed by an anonymous assassin, which should be impossible thanks to cyber eyes. Mute is about an Amish bartender (the mute) in a sprawl who gets mixed up with a criminal element.

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Issy-les-Moulineaux 92130 France
I've been watching this on a loop for a few days.

I was not sure it would qualify as "inspirational viewing" for Necromunda, but then I realized:
  • It's a remake of a game from the late 90s made in the late new 10s, and said game is widely acknowledged as a cornerstone of its genre
  • It's set in a dystopian cyberpunk city, sitting in the middle of a polluted desert
  • The ruler of said city is a rich bastard who lives at the top of the tallest (and centermost) building
  • The protagonists are a gang of morally dubious activists/mercenaries who live in the lowest level of the city, whose hideout is the local watering hole, and who use both firearms and melee weapons
  • One of them is a bulky manly man with a bionic arm, and another is a fierce warrior woman with a predilection for close combat
  • They fight against corrupt militia, mutant beasts and the occasional mechanical threat
  • Most of this fighting takes place in sewers/power plants/factories/tunnels/etc.
So yeah, I'd say it qualifies.
Of course, I'm talking about:

Jun 15, 2014
Almeria, Spain
I did not expect that...
sounds promising and scary at the same time.

But eisenhorn is actually one of the best stories to adapt for a broader public. Can show the 40k setting in an story that is basically classic detective work.

Last edited:

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
For me it's between guants ghosts and eisenhorn as the best two stories for adaption into a tv series. So very very happy with this... really hoping its a netflix, prime, standard channel or iplayer show, basically anything but sky and I will be watching it!