Intro games

Ml2sjw

Gang Hero
Nov 25, 2017
United kingdom
Hey all,

After a long time away I'm trying to get a bit of interest in necromunda going at the local club with some multiplayer demo games. Anyone got experience with similar?

I'm thinking that I'll use the ZM boards and play a quick(ish) pit fight as a get the hang of the rules, followed by a gang moot to introduce a range of play style weapons etc. What do people reckon, good plan or doomed to failure?

Azzabat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Jan 24, 2013
Bristol, UK
Painted miniatures.

Painted miniatures and a nice board are a must for any intro game. Gotta grab, and then keep their attention and make them want to invest their time in the thing.

After that I’d say keep it simple. Have all your Gangers armed the same, and your Juves. That way your audience is not spending time looking up weapon stats and can get to grip with the rules.

Clear summary playsheets really help but again, keep it simple.

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Sounds like a good plan. I'd suggest the ganger cards are really good for this as they work for quick reference really nicely

Reactions: Azzabat

Azzabat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Jan 24, 2013
Bristol, UK
If possible, I’d recommend the same weapons on both sides. This avoids the prospect of someone loosing because their opponent had X weapon but they didn’t. And again it helps players learn quickly if they’re both using the same stats.

Did I mention painted miniatures and good terrain??

Reactions: spafe

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
If possible, I’d recommend the same weapons on both sides
not sure on this one... part of the thing with N17/N18 is the different stats, so goliaths being Str 4 T4, escher being movement 5, same goes to weapons... stub cannons on the goliaths, lasguns on the escher. Then just give the goliaths a combat load out thats weaker than the eschers (maybe power swords or similar for the escher).

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
I'd still avoid using too many exotic weapons/skills though. And by that I mean avoid using skills/traits with mechanics that deviate too much from 'vanilla' play (stuff like Infiltrate, Overseer, Versatile, Impale, Web, etc.) and mechanics that are too easy to forget in the midst of battle (it's unlikely to forget that grenades use Blast for instance, but it's comparatively easy to forget your Sword has Parry)