IRN-BRU MEET 2020 (Cancelled)

radulykan

Gang Hero
Oct 24, 2013
Burton Latimer, Northants, UK
@horuswaspretty has my books at the moment.
would you be wanting a bespoke campaign for gangs to sort of batten down the hatches in a zombie plague outbreak, with last days in between games stuff but regular Necromunda rules?
or would you want to try to include some more last days elements like noise?
And include selfish/selfless/trained alignments for gang leaders etc?
We could go nuts with splicing or we could simply say an auto gun is an assault rifle etc and play last days in a hive city? I’m open to all interpretations 😀

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Just whatever everyone thinks best really!
but as a guideline, it must use NCE for basic gameplay, and everything should relate to Necromunda somehow.

‘with last days in between games stuff but regular Necromunda rules?’
this is what I had in mind, i Suppose, but if you chaps who know 5he game can come up with a cool edition, then that old be COOOOL!
😋😁

(ardavion completely sold the game to me,* and I’m dying to try it out!**)

p.s.
*not literally, but you know what I mean
**you could say I’m ...undying!? ....huh?...no!?....alright....😔

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
The Trolls always a bit unreliable (read too afraid to ask permission) but this lodge and hot tub business sounds interesting.......

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

CaptainDangerous

Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
With Tribemeet getting pushed back, and if the spider cave is back in action, I think the lodge idea will have to be put on hold, but I definately feel it is one of my better ideas! albeit slightly over the top!

The main hurdles would be, getting a one big enough for a decent price, and the fact that wargamers by nature are quite reserved and not so keen on getting drunk and half naked in a hot tub together! 😄😄😄😅

...im well up for it tho, if anyone want to brainstorm some potential locations for next year!? 🥰😋

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
An early/mid August weekend is ok for a Spidercave meet. Max of 4 people and even then it might be two people watching whilst two play. If it's nice weather we could sort out another table on the patio/in the back garden, I have a gazebo and plenty of terrain but not an actual table to put it on. If someone could bring a folding table that would be great.

Also, YakBeCue if it's nice.

CaptainDangerous

Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Far far far north you mean?
if you get to Aberdeen....keep going! (I totally underestimated how far far north it is last time!) (but it’s a nice journey and didnt feel that long on the way up) (but I did feel bad for Ardavion when I kept falling asleep on the way home!)

(.......I was driving! 😄😅 )

Reactions: Stoof

CaptainDangerous

Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
My ancestors didn’t have that luxury! The Scots used to enjoy inviting themselves down this way, and would always remember to bring their spears with them! 😋😄

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
I now have my LD:ZA books to peruse again and consider which rules mechanics could copy over at all. I'm considering the noise mechanic and the refuge mechanics, suitably NCE'd, but will look at more if it looks like it might transfer over.

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
Nah-ah! I can't be having that! Now that there is no chance of me getting there you're not allowed to come up with a super awesome theme. That's discrimination against immigrants (since I immigrated to Germany).

Great idea Captain, I look forward to see what @Ardavion comes up with. (y):LOL:

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
Previously in a zombie campaign we used something similar to LDZA (although we did it first). I've since refined the wording a bit so its more like LDZA which did a much better job of explaining things than me 10 years ago.

Zombies basically followed a simple flow chart. Otherwise they were just regular Plague Zombies (although we did introduce Plaguebearers as "super zombies" later in the campaign as gangs were able to massacre the zombies pretty easily).

(Sight) Is there a fighter within 18" and in LoS? →Yes→ Move 2D6" towards nearest visible fighter.

No

(Smell) Is there a fighter within 12" regardless of LoS? →Yes→ Move 2D6" towards nearest fighter.

No

(Sound) Has anyone made noise in the last turn? →Yes→ Move 2D6" towards nearest noise.

No

Move D6" in random direction.

Opponent always moves zombies targeting a fighter. Take turns to move random zombies. Don't make them fall off stuff unless they're targeting a visible fighter in which case they go as directly as possible.

There were a few odd situations that popped up (do zombies move up ladders etc?) but worked pretty well for the most part.

Last edited:

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
Previously in a zombie campaign we used something similar to LDZA (although we did it first). I've since refined the wording a bit so its more like LDZA which did a much better job of explaining things than me 10 years ago.

Zombies basically followed a simple flow chart. Otherwise they were just regular Plague Zombies (although we did introduce Plaguebearers as "super zombies" later in the campaign as gangs were able to massacre the zombies pretty easily).

(Sight) Is there a fighter within 18" and in LoS? →Yes→ Move 2D6" towards nearest visible fighter.

No

(Smell) Is there a fighter within 12" regardless of LoS? →Yes→ Move 2D6" towards nearest fighter.

No

(Sound) Has anyone made noise in the last turn? →Yes→ Move 2D6" towards nearest noise.

No

Move D6" in random direction.

Opponent always moves zombies targeting a fighter. Take turns to move random zombies. Don't make them fall off stuff unless they're targeting a visible fighter in which case they go as directly as possible.

There were a few odd situations that popped up (do zombies move up ladders etc?) but worked pretty well for the most part.
That's a really cool chart @Tiny . I will have to keep this in mind for future projects.

Reactions: Tiny

CaptainDangerous

Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Hello chaps, sorry to bring the bad news, but the Spidercave isn't on for August I'm afriad.

I will be down in Durham in October for a bit though, so there's a possibility of Hive Soiree MkII?
Sorry it’s taken me so long to respond to this! What dates were we looking at?
if it’s a weekday then we can probably use the pub again, but if it was the weekend then ill begin the sweet talk with Mrs dangerous to use Casa Dangerous!
Are you both still on @Ardavion and @radulykan?
And considering the Spider Cave is in lock down, is there any other yaks interested in a casual day(/or two) of gaming Durham Uk way?

Reactions: ClockworkOrange

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
October sounds reasonable, although I'd prefer a weekend so we can have a proper go/number of games; I suppose it depends on the dates (I have some holiday I can look at taking if it's mid-week and we have the numbers).

No progress on the LD:ZA rules mashup, unfortunately; every approach I've taken to mashing them together doesn't mesh well, as it's primarily the campaign aspects I need to transfer over, but existing NCE mechanics get in the way and would be a headache to work into a compromise ruleset - some attempts slowly morphed into Mordheim campaign rules...