N18 Is it possible to add Dominion-type elements to the Hive War rulebook?

Oct 5, 2021
Sweden
Hello, I'm new to the game but have played a few times via a solo scenario I found online. I want to start some kind of campaign system and recruit new players at a local gaming group but I'm not good at managing things and have poor social skills, so I don't feel entirely ready for the Dominion campaign. I don't know how I'd be able to keep track of all the territories and it leaves me discouraged.

At first I got the Hive War box set minus the plastics on a Swedish auction site and it has some scenarios and pointers on how to "link games together" which might be a good way to start with someone brand new to the game, but since I also have the core rulebook I gotta say that Hive War leaves me thirsting for more. Basically I wish I could have more weapons and wargear than the Hive War book offers and I also think it would be neat to add lasting injuries to it.
Is this possible or would it break things completely? What do you guys think?

TopsyKretts

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
I don't know if a 'functioning' campaign is possible :p You could probably look into how others are running their campaigns.

SweetOrbMace

Ganger
Feb 18, 2019
Hello, I'm new to the game but have played a few times via a solo scenario I found online. I want to start some kind of campaign system and recruit new players at a local gaming group but I'm not good at managing things and have poor social skills, so I don't feel entirely ready for the Dominion campaign. I don't know how I'd be able to keep track of all the territories and it leaves me discouraged.

At first I got the Hive War box set minus the plastics on a Swedish auction site and it has some scenarios and pointers on how to "link games together" which might be a good way to start with someone brand new to the game, but since I also have the core rulebook I gotta say that Hive War leaves me thirsting for more. Basically I wish I could have more weapons and wargear than the Hive War book offers and I also think it would be neat to add lasting injuries to it.
Is this possible or would it break things completely? What do you guys think?
Hi, first of all welcome to Necromunda - it’s great you want to play more and a proper campaign with injuries, territories, advances and wargear is (I think most people would agree) the most enjoyable way to play the game.

Most importantly, don’t be discouraged. It’s absolutely possible to have a functioning campaign without too much effort.

As regards your concerns:
1. Managing a campaign: as it’s your first one keep it small. You can have it as small as just 2 of you. If you’ve got a friend who’s interested it’s a great way to learn the rules and campaign system. 4 is a nice number too, but anymore than that for your first campaign will probably be too much.
2. Keeping track of territories: Easier than it sounds. First, if you’ve got a small number of players, you’ve got fewer territories too (there’s a table in the rulebook somewhere). Secondly, the YakTribe underhive tools campaign manager will do a lot of the work for you. I recommend checking it out.
3. Weapons and lasting injuries: They shouldn’t break the campaign. It’s worth discussing with your players how they all wAnt to play and in doing so heavily discourage any overly competitive players - particularly as regards up-arming gangs.

Reactions: TopsyKretts