N18 Is this use of bulging biceps worth it?

Lunarcruiser

Gang Hero
Jun 12, 2022
Way back when necromunda was in its first edition the skill Bulging biceps was a must have for any heavy.
Now it is a bit rubbish.

I thought of running a Cawdor firebrand with bulging biceps and a chainglaive.
Next battle head to the Trade Post and pick up a suspensor harness (40 creds Book of Peril) allowing a fourth weapon slot then A second chainglaive. Duel Wielding chainglaives attached to a manic guided trash boy missile!
maybe that act of faith that blows up a fighter to top it off....

Thoughts?

Reactions: Stompzilla
Bulging Biceps in the very first N17 rulebook did act like suspensors making it very useful for heavy weapon carriers, however they changed that quite quickly and its not in its current useless state

It lets run a second melee weapon with an unwieldy weapon so essentially creates the opportunity for an extra attack

• Sad
Reactions: MusingWarboss
Bulging Biceps in the very first N17 rulebook did act like suspensors making it very useful for heavy weapon carriers, however they changed that quite quickly and its not in its current useless state

It lets run a second melee weapon with an unwieldy weapon so essentially creates the opportunity for an extra attack
Wonder if they only did that to encourage purchasing suspensors??

There’s no reason it couldn’t have done both.

Reactions: cronevald
It is funny that Bulging Biceps lost the ranged part (somewhere around N18?), but Suspensor got the opposite treatment and now also has the close combat part (N20+) :LOL:

Last edited:
If you're willing to sacrifice the versatile range and spend a few more creds, you could dual wield heavy chain cleaver for the same damage output and not need bulging biceps as they're not unweildy, and then take a better skill. Could still model the ganger the same way though and look awesome! But would only be able to buy both at TP, so initial build would have to be a couple of cheap melee options.......

It really just seems to pad out the skill table at this point. Not entirely useless but a far cry from the "must have" status it used to enjoy. Since skills are chosen these days I can't seen why many would spend the points on it.

I ran said firebrand in a test game and with a combo of a overseer order from his leader the chain weapon act of faith re roll and a little luck he took out a Orlock arms master and road captain in one turn after moving ten inches across the board to get into versatile range, fight taking out the arms master and then smiting the road captain in reaction attacks from thier counter charge.
Think I will keep them even though the firebrand then took a melta blast to the face...

If you're willing to sacrifice the versatile range and spend a few more creds, you could dual wield heavy chain cleaver for the same damage output and not need bulging biceps as they're not unweildy, and then take a better skill. Could still model the ganger the same way though and look awesome! But would only be able to buy both at TP, so initial build would have to be a couple of cheap melee options.......
My group is fussy so would object to the corpse grinders weapon, they can't be bother to read up on them, But I digress. The point is to be nostalgic on the former awesomeness of the skill. Maybe a one shot missile to throw at death maidens or stimmers now and then.

My group is fussy so would object to the corpse grinders weapon, they can't be bother to read up on them, But I digress. The point is to be nostalgic on the former awesomeness of the skill. Maybe a one shot missile to throw at death maidens or stimmers now and then.
In that case, yes 100% it sounds awesome and the kitbash would be insane. Give him a stim slug stash too. Or a frenzon collar

Reactions: Stompzilla