Necromunda Ivan’s Necromunda/Kill Team/40k/etc. Painting & Modelling

The OSL glow on the plasma gun looks good from there. I think his left arm is a bit odd, but that's the model rather than anything you've done.

Reactions: Crazy Ivan
Lovely miniatures. Almost makes me want to upgrade my Orstrallians and get some paint on the blighters. Especially since the Van Diemens are the most successful gang I have ever had. They have had 22 games and ten victories and are dead hard. I recon they would kick butt against my Space Wolves if they faced a battle group of five, especially because there are twelve in the gang, and none are raw recruits, and most are hardened gang champuons.

Looks good as a glancing hit! Not sure what he needs the spanner for, with a hit on the middle of that armor plate, but that might be just a little nitpicky... :giggle:

Looks good as a glancing hit! Not sure what he needs the spanner for, with a hit on the middle of that armor plate, but that might be just a little nitpicky... :giggle:
Fair enough! I guess it’s either standard issue according to regulations (for “percussive” maintenance), or a little insurance in case any cultists try to clamber up the tank…

Reactions: MedMos
I think he’s done a pretty good job of making the Armour look like it’s suffered a glancing hit. Now they can go back to base after slacking off and pretend they’ve been in the battle.

Thanks for the feedback all! In the end it looked most like a hit from an energy weapon that didn’t penetrate. Some technical paint and I think I’ve now reached the effect of the paint/metal bubbling up and then blackening from the heat:

I also retouched some other parts, including the tracks and the coloured bars at the front (not sure what they are for or what they’re called, but they look cool):

And I’m now just 4 partially-painted Kasrkin away from a 1000 point army, so nearly ready for Warhammer world! I orginally wanted to add another Cadian squad, but that would mean another 8 troopers to paint in less than a week, and I don’t see that happening, so instead there’s a Priest and a Tank Ace upgrade. How many points this is in 10th remains to be seen anyway…

That little bit of texture really sells it. I was trying to think of a way to suggest it that wouldn't ruin the paint and you got it dialed in.

Real life happened - I left my job of 14 years and am working (slowly) on setting up myself as an independent. And apparently that also resulted in not posting here since April… So let’s resume! Hope everyone is doing well.

I did some painting on my Guard, mostly another Rogal Dorn, some additional Guardsmen, and a 3rd Sentinel for a full Squadron:

In one of my hobby life’s more prudent decisions, I bought yet another army of Black Templars to then sell them off again.. all that remains now being the Emperor’s Champion and a Ballistus Dreadnought:

I then got myself into Age of Sigmar by starting a Cities army:

And finally, I’m also looking back at Necromunda! I’m working on some Orlocks, but I’m also looking at redoing my Enforcers. Any thoughts on the below? Left is redone, right is the original:

Feedback is appreciated!

The new one is really nice on the Enforcer but I'm not sure what I think of the color blocking on the firearm. Otherwise a big win.