Necromunda Ivan’s Necromunda/Kill Team/40k/etc. Painting & Modelling

As a child of 2nd edition (40k), I do like red weapons. Are you stripping the models or painting over? Because it looks like maybe the paint's a little thick in places - unless that's some kind of weathering/highlighting effect that I'm misreading.

Reactions: Crazy Ivan
The new enforcer looks excellent - go for it!! Love the OSL and the darker uniform. The red from the weapon adds some nice color, and the red OSL helps tie it in with the rest of the model.

Thanks all! I will be going with the repaint then. Did some more work on it, will post results soon.

The new one is really nice on the Enforcer but I'm not sure what I think of the color blocking on the firearm. Otherwise a big win.
Thanks! I changed some of the colours on the weapon back to black, but keeping the larger part red. Will hopefully prevent a big red block while still having that as the primary colour.
Yeah, I like the new one with the red weapons. They just pop out more than the blueish ones.

A few of these look familiar from Instagram!
I’ve seen your work there as well! Small (hobby) world! :D
As a child of 2nd edition (40k), I do like red weapons. Are you stripping the models or painting over? Because it looks like maybe the paint's a little thick in places - unless that's some kind of weathering/highlighting effect that I'm misreading.
I am just painting over - really just too lazy to strip and redo from scratch. :) I like to be able to redo some colours while keeping others and adding highlights here and there. So the paint might be a little thicker than I’d normally want it be in places! This particular Enforcer was also the first one I painted originally back in the day so he might have had the original paint slapped on him somewhat less subtly anyway, due to lack of experience…

Reactions: Mr. M and Ben_S
I think this will be the new scheme:

I have made the lower grip and the flashlight black, as well as repainting the grenades and a few more highlights here and there. Also added some more colour to the base, though that may need further adjustment - and I am thinking about adding a discarded pamphlet or something.

I quite like that.
And you can't go wrong with a little debris. Wanted poster or advertisement is always good, maybe one of these things I made a while ago will help.

• Love
I quite like that.
And you can't go wrong with a little debris. Wanted poster or advertisement is always good, maybe one of these things I made a while ago will help.
I love those, thanks! Will definitely use some of them!

Meanwhile, the repaint continues:

I’m really happy with how they’re turning out, and that I was able to stave off temptation to just buy new ones…!

So, beyond their faces, three more Enforcers have now gone through the repaint:

And I've been working on expanding my options, for when I ever get Trading Post access or if I ever decide to run these guys as Badzone Enforcers (I guess for that I'd also want a few Autogun gangers but I have plenty of Autogun models so they'll just have to do...):

Next to this I still have another Lawtomata on sprue (who will be build with the Web grabbing claw for coolness factor alone) and one of the new Tauros on pre-order.

Is this a new basing scheme? Or is it just the angle/lighting that looks different?

I think it is an improvement on the 'Tron' verdigris, but perhaps the colours are a bit similar to the models.

Thanks all!

Is this a new basing scheme? Or is it just the angle/lighting that looks different?

I think it is an improvement on the 'Tron' verdigris, but perhaps the colours are a bit similar to the models.

I removed the “Tron” verdigris by painting over it with Agrax. I agree it was rather too much, so this is my ”intermediate” solution. I’ve tried several basing schemes with Necro bases, but my Enforcers’ bases are all covered in Typhus Corrosion for texture, so something less ”rusty doesn‘t really work anymore. Still thinking how I can best liven them up some more, though!

To be clear, I do think these bases look good generally. I'm not sure they're optimal with this particular gang, but if you're going to use the same basing on all your gangs then you can't optimise them all.

To be clear, I do think these bases look good generally. I'm not sure they're optimal with this particular gang, but if you're going to use the same basing on all your gangs then you can't optimise them all.
To be honest I really want to about what I can do with them. For now they’re just in what I think of as my “basic” Necromunda base scheme… need to dig for more inspiration!

meanwhile, the mail delivered my Tauros Venators, and I’ve even built one:

It’s actually still in about a dozen sub-assemblies for ease of painting:

Now if the weather would get better I could do some priming, but that’s probably still some weeks away as it’s either freezing or raining at the moment.