Mordheim Jase-0's Ye Olde Mordheim & Frostgrave Musings (Armies on Parade entry! 24th May 18)

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
Your next project will be to build a Twisted Swamp Tree (Weeping Willow comes to mind - when near water they often get eaten to bits by nasty fat little grubs) :-D

Counts as Ent? Failing that, counts as Chaos Ogre with tentacles?

djmothra

Magister Competere
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Jan 6, 2013
Ho Chi Minh City, VietNam
Your next project will be to build a Twisted Swamp Tree (Weeping Willow comes to mind - when near water they often get eaten to bits by nasty fat little grubs) :-D

Counts as Ent? Failing that, counts as Chaos Ogre with tentacles?
That could happen, although i'd make it as just scenery - although, that totally depends on what happens at the next TG competition ;)

I might knock up a display base for my Undead Warband in the meantime.

Reactions: trollmeat

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Looks like a great start! loving the idea of a display base for each warband with a scenery piece and tokens included

Reactions: trollmeat

djmothra

Magister Competere
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Jan 6, 2013
Thanks :) I never really intended to have the scenery as part of the display, but as I was doing the tree at the same time, it made sense to make it fit the theme - I did think about the future addition of an Ogre Merc for the warband...they are on bigger bases...and I have a spot for it already :)

Reactions: trollmeat and spafe

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
My moneys on a tombstone, or a sacrifice/prisoner type marker to be used in rescue-esk missions... or a coffin for your vampire to 'sleep' in. I'm sure that could lead to some fun story driven scenarios

djmothra

Magister Competere
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Jan 6, 2013
Well, hello again, welcome back!

After seeing (name escapes me atm, sorry) someone put up a YouTube vid about using Bolt Action Ruined Hamlet to make Mordheim scenery I thought...I can do that - but I'll scratch build all of it cos I̶'̶m̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶a̶p̶s̶k̶a̶t̶e̶ I like to build stuff from scratch!

So, I went online and found a decent pic of the contents of the pack and copied it onto paper (no dimensions were given so I had to make educated guesses)
IMAG0256.jpg

Copied and cut out using 3mm plasticard
IMAG0257.jpg

Attacked it with my newest toy (a soldering iron!)
IMAG0258.jpg

Used Wood Glue and Super glue to glue it to some mdf.
IMAG0259.jpg

Added some of those corner-side bits (1cm square of cereal card scored a third of the way along and glued on alternatively)
IMAG0260.jpg

and again...
IMAG0261.jpg

Its currently sat on my balcony drying off - I'll add more rubble, wooden bits and texture the base tomorrow.

C&Cs welcome as always!

djmothra

Magister Competere
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Jan 6, 2013
The actual boxed model comes with some "wooden" bits - a floor and a bit of roof...so I have done those bits too!

IMAG0265.jpg

IMAG0266.jpg

I have also based the house I was making here a few pages back - you'll probably recognise it.

IMAG0267.jpg

IMAG0268.jpg

I'll be adding a lot more wood to this second house, floor, roof and beams on the outside.

C&Cs welcome an' all that jazz ;)

djmothra

Magister Competere
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Jan 6, 2013
Remember a few weeks ago, I made and painted from start to (just about) finished my Mordheim Undead Warband? Well, it's exam week here in VN and I pretty much have the week off...so...

Jase-0's One Week Challenge!

Get the Orc Warband done - now they were put together by @andylowe123 a few weeks ago, but I only started tinkering yesterday along with the the toilet (which he asked for as his display base bit of scenery!)

All the Orcs and Goblins (and a few Snots) on a temporary Display base (this is the underside of my Scavvies one - just using to get the size right)

IMAG0273.jpg

The free gaps on the right are for increases to the goblin units along with possible inclusion of a Fanatic (which I have to scratch Build)

IMAG0274.jpg

The Guy right outside the Bog is the Shaman - he is holding his Big Green Glowing Club (Spell rolled already) and a Drum.

The Bottom right of the Outhouse bit is going to be a pool of some kind of...er...well, use your imagination :D

C&Cs welcome as always.