Jaws' Necromunda project.

Jaws

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Jul 23, 2013
Hamar, Norway
I am fixing up some old games, and Necromunda will be one of them. I am going to start with two gangs, and construct a table.

Eschers and Enforcers will be bought. And I'll see if I can't fix up my old Scavvies into something that looks decent enough to play with..

Early in the progress, still. Had some other games I wanted to get up and running first. The idea is to get the kids interested in the hobby, and give the daddies someone to play with. :D

Anyway, I've been thinking of what models I want. I immediately fell for Ivanka Kurganova from Heroes. And sort of decided that I wanted a slight militaristic look from my Escher gang.

She is the only miniature I've actually bought at this time, and she will most likely be the leader:

vLGwkgL.jpg

I also found the perfect juve for her:
huuqgWz.jpg

Then the gangers, including two heavies:
MZnjSAgh.jpg

A second in command:
D0keOFN.jpg

Another pair of miniatures I sort of fell for, but I fear might look small compared to the rest:
84Uexi6.jpg

F1QPdZu.jpg

Then the juve trash picked up from the street:
0Jr9VJP.jpg

And maybe ganger versions to replace them when they have gotten some experience:
XUowyuZ.jpg

I really appreciate feedback on my model choices, so feel free to criticize.

Going to post my enforcer model list below, and of course the miniatures as they arrive in the mail and are painted. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

chitching

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Sep 12, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
I've had my eye on that Raging Heroes model for some time. Would fit well into Escher, Redemptionist or Cawdor as an amazing Leader model. You could also plunge to use her as Mad Donna.
And the Infinity models, they would look great to have a full gang of them, but I personally don't think many of them would fit right in with the box gangs, but they are fantastic looking models. You have a good selection of models. Hasslefree have some excellent minis, a few of which I use myself, which you can see here.

Can't wait to see your work, bud!

Reactions: 9thandBaklavey

Jaws

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Jul 23, 2013
Hamar, Norway
chitching said:
I've had my eye on that Raging Heroes model for some time. Would fit well into Escher, Redemptionist or Cawdor as an amazing Leader model. You could also plunge to use her as Mad Donna.
And the Infinity models, they would look great to have a full gang of them, but I personally don't think many of them would fit right in with the box gangs, but they are fantastic looking models. You have a good selection of models. Hasslefree have some excellent minis, a few of which I use myself, which you can see here.

Can't wait to see your work, bud!

Noticed your thread. It's quite nice. And I really love your scenery.

Would not be too excited though, I am an awful painter, been away from the hobby for 18 years, and just started up again. Can't teach an old dog new tricks, and all that.. I just hope to get it to a playable tabletop standard.

I did have a look at the hasselfree mini's, too. They have some nice ones, but I decided to go with the more buffed up girls. Although, I might buy Maria, just because I find her to be a great looking miniature:
hfa070.jpg

Also, Euphoria has some very nice models. I might grab this one because it fits so well with my leader. And it can't hurt to have a little puppy in the gang either. :)
girl_with_dog_final_002.jpg

Reactions: trollmeat

Jaws

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Jul 23, 2013
Hamar, Norway
chitching said:
Thank you! Youtube is an invaluable source for all painting needs! GirlPainting does some excellent tutorials on how to paint stuff. Not so much Necromunda, but the skills and techniques are obviously transferable.

I'll definitely check her out.

Here is how Kurganova turned out for me:

Attachments

• IMG_3068.jpg
    IMG_3068.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 758

chitching

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Sep 12, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
Very nice! I like the script on the coat a lot. And that sword... It makes me think of the Gunblade from Final Fantasy 8. You'll have to arm her with a Massive Sword, now ;)

Jaws

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Jul 23, 2013
Hamar, Norway
AndyT81 said:
Will follow this with interest :) looking good so far!
Where are those gangers from? The ones you'll maybe promote your jives to- is it off a 3d printing website?

Andy T's Necromunda Plog

Yes, they are from Shapeways.com. I noticed there was a link to the site in the alternative models thread.
They are called: Female Miners Nooker Mix. He also has a lot of variations of skinned, female gangers.

chitching

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Sep 12, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
Yeah, they are done by Notnorm who can be found on this very forum!
I think those ones you had the picture of are the ones he designed to fit in with Orlock

Sharkforce

Gang Hero
Jul 23, 2012
Headed for the Eye of Terror
note that they are called the nooker mix because nooker asked for that specific mix of weapons, and notnorm made that specifically for him... so if you want different weapons, ask notnorm and ye shall probably receive ;)

(the poses stay the same though, and i don't think he has any melee weapons done yet, so you may not be able to get everything exactly how you want :p )

Jaws

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Jul 23, 2013
Hamar, Norway
Alobar said:
That painin ain't half bad jaws!

Thanks for that.

This happy little fellow is gooey because he just fed. Painted up an old ghoul. It's going to be used with the Scavvies. :)

Attachments

• IMG_3090.jpg
    IMG_3090.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 700

Jaws

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Jul 23, 2013
Hamar, Norway
While waiting for the mailman and additional goverment funding, a man got to pass the time somehow..

So here.. is a little field test:

These "Scavvy dogs" are actually from Reaper. The paint job is about 15 years old, but I still think these are some of the best undead dogs I've seen.

Attachments

• IMG_3092.jpg
    IMG_3092.jpg
    568.3 KB · Views: 735
  • IMG_3096.jpg
    IMG_3096.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 652

Azzabat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Jan 24, 2013
Bristol, UK

Jaws

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Jul 23, 2013
Hamar, Norway
Those are indeed really cool. :) Thanks for the links.

Edit: But I can see the kickstarter has ended, and I guess they aren't available until later next year. :(

Azzabat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Jan 24, 2013
Bristol, UK
The first wave of figures for Kickstarters is due out in the next couple of weeks, so I wouldn't think you'll have to wait much longer than Hogswatch or the New Year (if they've got their marketing heads on)

I'll post updates if you like.

Jaws

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Jul 23, 2013
Hamar, Norway
nooker said:
Where did the Weyland-Yutani terrain come from?

I am a big Alien fan, and was really happy to find those. :)

It's papercraft. Was a free sample download somewhere. I'll try and see if I can manage to track down the page again. Otherwise if you give me a PM, I can mail the .jpg files to you.

Edit:
Here you go:

http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/news ... ontainers/

Edit2: Oh, and put a rock inside to make them stay in position. The first one I made really jumps around the board when bumped. But with some weight inside, they stay put. :)

Blood Donor

Hive Dweller
Tribe Council
Aug 23, 2011
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
yaktribe.games
I'm sure nooker knows his way around a paper terrain piece or two ;) :p

I really dig pop sci-fi references in Necro terrain. Makes the fluff a bit less GW-totalitarian and there's so many options, plus everybody seems to appreciate those "Oh damn, is that a Firefly/ Alien/ etc reference? Nice work" moments.

Jaws

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Jul 23, 2013
Hamar, Norway
First genestealer done:

My camera was out of battery, so this image will have to do for now. Tried to catch an Alien/Geiger feeling.

Attachments

• IMG_3159.jpg
    IMG_3159.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 651