Joe’s corner of Necromunda

May 5, 2021
Alright, I think I am finished with it.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

I’m pretty happy with the end result. I learned a lot and there are probably some things I will do differently in my future terrain pieces, but overall I’m pleased. The part I’m most unsure of in its finished state is the base. I’m going to leave it as is for now and move on to other projects but there is a chance that I could end up rebasing it in the future. I think it just has slightly too big a base with too much empty space but I’m not going to worry about it for now.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Nah, that’s perfect. When you have another piece with the same “empty space” you can butt them together and Voila! There’s and instant walkway or passage wide enough for models to move through. Also potential spots for scatter terrain.

(slightly tempted to call “shenanigans” on this being your first terrain piece...)

Reactions: Joooooooooe
May 5, 2021
Nah, that’s perfect. When you have another piece with the same “empty space” you can butt them together and Voila! There’s and instant walkway or passage wide enough for models to move through. Also potential spots for scatter terrain.

(slightly tempted to call “shenanigans” on this being your first terrain piece...)
It’s not my first terrain piece altogether. Been fiddling with terrain on and off since I was a kid. I haven’t really ever done industrial type stuff though and this is my first piece of terrain for my Necromunda board I hope to fill out in the future

May 5, 2021
Got started on my second building. Thought I'd go for something a bit smaller and simpler to basically act as a catwalk connector that is only one story tall. Framed out the basic structure last night. I know I'm like 3-5 years too late for this trend, but I decided to hop on the bandwagon and begin plans to open up my own franchise of a particularly popular grox burger joint in my corner of the underhive...

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Excellent choice for a next piece! There have been some very cool interpretations of this facility in the Tribe. There’s an dedicated thread for it as well.

May 5, 2021
Excellent choice for a next piece! There have been some very cool interpretations of this facility in the Tribe. There’s an dedicated thread for it as well.
Yeah as soon as I have something finished, I'll definitely post it there too.

May 5, 2021
I have a stranded burger joint on the top of a cabinet, collecting dust... I should really finish that as well. After yakcomp I'll join you in construction mode, @Joooooooooe.
After a few years of stagnation, Hive Guys got some new venture capitalist investment and the coffers have been filled! The corporation is expanding! We'll have our first restaurant in the spire itself and be a staple in the diet of nobility in no time.

Reactions: MedMos
May 5, 2021
full.jpg

full.jpg

Made progress on my hive guys franchise. I think I have it ready to paint, although I think it could maybe afford one more detail pass over, maybe some cables or something.
full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Kinda hard to see before paint, but something smelly in the dumpster makes
me think they are using something other than just Grox for their burgers...

Last edited:

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Hmm, I can see that -even though I started mine last year (2 years ago?)- I'm already behind... I just had to squeeze in an enforcer. :giggle: Buy hey, thanks for the inspiration, I'm very motivated to tackle my own Hive Guys now! Good looking build you've got going.

May 5, 2021
That's surprising - fancy throwing out 'good' meat like that.
We have a new frycook - an Ogryn named Krum. To say he is not the brightest crayon in the box is a severe understatement. He keeps throwing away good stock because he "dun' like the twist flesh", and no matter how many stern talking-tos he has gotten from management, he doesn't seem to grasp that he is cooking for the customer and not himself.

Reactions: Ben_S