Drag to reposition cover

Necromunda Jonbo's Necromunda Miscellany (p18 Helmawr Leader)

jonbo

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 1st Place
Confusingly, I've been maintaining several different threads for different gangs - Brats, Ash Waste Nomads, and my Guilder gang which hasn't really had a home. For my own sanity, I've decided to post all future updates in this single thread...sound OK?

So, latest off the painting table is this chap, painted for my Guilder's entourage :)
Scum.jpg

Trading%2BGuild%2B19.11.14.jpg

http://www.magpieandoldlead.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/urst-mulmo-underhive-scum.html

Here's the current state of play with the Nomads:
Nomads%2B(18%2BNov%2B14).jpg

Brat gang:
Gangwithcar_zps4a51c815.jpg

Random characters yet to find a home:
SenseiBand300714_zps38b8e28c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SNxWMxN

Gang Champion
Jun 10, 2014
Dallas, TX
I love the way your painting always turns out. How did you do the grey on the Scum model for your Guilder gang? It looks great!

jonbo

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 1st Place
@SNxWMxN - the grey is a Coat d'Arms paint; field grey. It's probably the most versatile colour in my selection as it's a dark, slightly greenish grey. His suit was base coated with field grey, washed with badab black, over painted with field grey again then a couple of highlights by adding white into the field grey.

I also use it on my bases :)

Reactions: SNxWMxN

jonbo

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 1st Place
Finally, a newly painted model without any yellow (he does have orange though)!
Scout.jpg

This chap is the Imperial Scout from the Rogue Trader Adventurers range - a lovely characterful figure. He's been painted to match up to the Sensei (now Inquisitional Acolyte) and Beast Trooper I did over the summer; all three will be part of the retinue of an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor:
Malleus%2BRetinue%2B25.11.14.jpg

More pics and info over at my blog :)

jonbo

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 1st Place
I hope you'll forgive the photograph, but I just got round to taking a couple of pics of the little mutie after painting him last night:
Scrat%2BPainted.jpg

Scrat is a little creature of unknown origin; possibly albino ratling, possibly stunted mutie, possibly (and worringly) something else entirely! Inquisitor Dirske uses him for covert surveillance and infiltration, where his agility and innate stealthiness come into play.
Here is is with the rest of the painted crew:
Malleus%2BRetinue%2B26.11.14.jpg

More photos and text over at my blog.

jonbo

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 1st Place
In a fit of poor planning, I failed to have any figures undercoated and ready to paint last night, so instead I did some modelling work. Here's the results:
A pair of Imperial Agents / Arbites Detectives. Both based on Rogue Trader Commissars with head swaps from Citadel's very old Paranoia figures (both Troubleshooters):
Agents.jpg

Chaos Cultists for a planned Slaanesh cult. The two-headed guy is actually a Realm of Chaos era beastman. I simply replaced both hands with pistols from the Dark Vengeance cultists. The other guy is a Rogue Trader ork with a head from an Egytpian Eunuch Guard by Dark Fable Miniatures. Hopefully the paint job will tie him all together (the black against the bare metal is tricky to properly visualise I think).
Cultists.jpg

Finally, some trailing cables on a horse-skulled oddity, just to reinforce the setting a bit
Oddity.jpg

I also took a bunch of photos of my current models in action over the Warhammer World scenery
Brats%2Bv%2BGuild.jpg

Inq%2Bv%2BNomads.jpg

There's some more over at my blog if you're interested :)

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Great as usual, Neither look like someone you'd want to meet down a dark alley!

Reactions: jonbo

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
once again color choice what I personally dislike (and would never even consider using in necromunda), but man you do it so well that I cannot dislike those models. That is the best part of your work imo. moar please!

Reactions: jonbo and spafe

glitch

Ganger
Nov 13, 2014
London, UK
I hope you'll forgive the photograph, but I just got round to taking a couple of pics of the little mutie after painting him last night:
Scrat%2BPainted.jpg
Don't suppose I could trouble you for some tips on this guy's flesh? It's exactly the kind of skin I want to do my Delaque as!

jonbo

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 1st Place
@glitch - not a problem. I use both old and new GW paints. The skin was base coated with rakarth flesh. I did 2 coats to get an opaque coverage. I then washed all over with ogryn flesh wash with a tiny dab of leviathan purple wash; both the old washes, but I guess there are equivalents in the new range. I then repainted rakarth flesh, keeping the wash visible in the crevices and shadows. I then did 3 sets of highlighting by adding increasing amounts of pallid wych flesh to rakarth flesh, finally with pure pallid such flesh on the very tips / edges. The skull got a glaze of very watered pallid such flesh too. Hope that helps :)

@Loriel - colour is really interesting...I like using bright colours as they have a good visual impact. I think limiting the palette is important in order to avoid the explosion in a paint factory look. I normally restrict myself to two colours plus flesh and neutrals (grey, white, black, brown, metals). Seems to work ;)

Last edited: