June Rumbles

Kon-rad

Gang Champion
Nov 11, 2014
Nagoya, Japan
Dust, blood, diesel and dinosaurs. What a lovely game.
Had a 3 way rumble last weekend, the infamous Green Baron came flying in with his experimental home-brew flying roolz powered helicopter. The legendary TRUKKOSAURUS was in the house, and saw the introduction of the brand new Dino-chicks. There is no such thing as too many dinosaurs.
Imagine their amazement to behold Trukkosaurus. Rumbling like a mighty god of war, the perfect image of power cast in steel. To battle such a titan...what better way could a warrior prove herself?
Here are a few pics and some commentary on the highlights. More pictures in my gallery here. Sorry for the picture quality. My tablet's camera is lousy. https://yaktribe.games/community/gallery/albums/konrads-rumbles.276/
The Green Baron comes sweeping in on Trukkosaurus. Stickbombz fell like, well like stickbombz tossed from a helicopter. No rain on Gorkamorka most likely.

Tailing
by Kon-rad on YakTribe Gaming

Diggasaurus! But we call her "Shakira". My daughter named her after her English teacher. I can only assume Ms. Shakira is a rather large lady.

Diggasaurus!

Dinoduel! Who is the king of the sands? Turns out it's Shakira! Trukkosaurus blew a thrust test and spun around 180". Oops. The Dinochicks chased Trukkosaurs around a bit, gave it a few love taps and then blew a thrust test in turn and went off the edge of the board.....

Dinoduel

The Green Baron quite literally went through all their ammo. The "x" are failed ammo tests.

Game notes

So they rammed Trukkosaurus, ditched their Koppta, and boarded! One made it and barely (barely!) won the combat, throwing the driver out and wrecking Trukkosaurus. The rest of them then jumped the lone driver. The driver almost (almost!) managed to beat the 3 of them off, but finally succumbed to his wounds. Sooo close!

Attack!
Post game saw the end of Trukkosaurus! NOOOOOO! But don't worry. TRU|KKOSAURUS II rises.
We still need to tweak our Flyin' Vehicle rules a bit and need to see how some homebrew weapons and armor rules shake out. Lovely day.

PS. Game 2, Lootaz Trukkosaurus II vs Dinochicks. Turn one Shakira swerves into cactus and stops to eat lunch for the remainder of the battle, or in other words is immobilized..... Trukkosaurus runs off with most of the loot. But a horde of howling savages forced the last Ork to drop his loot and leg (or monowheel it) off the board. Not a complete loss.

Game 2, Lootaz

Wheelie

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Good stuff. Is that a Lego monowheel?

We have a whiteboard near our dining table. It's usually used for shopping lists, but in-game notes seem like a much better idea!

Reactions: Flamekebab

Kon-rad

Gang Champion
Nov 11, 2014
Nagoya, Japan
@Ben_S - That is indeed a Lego mono-wheel. It's the fighter that inspired me to build the Orks for the Bitz-Box challenge. ( I did not manage to pack him, so we didn't use it.)
The white board is really becoming indispensable, especially since we often are playing multi-player games and running them in two languages at the same time. Lots to keep track of. And it is fun to record the carnage as it happens.

Reactions: Ben_S