Bug Juve Equipment

Zadgrub

Ganger
Tribe Council
Mar 7, 2018
Des Plaines, IL, USA
For N17, a couple of issues I've just discovered with Juve equipment this week. First, I hired a Juve for my gang (Orlock) a few weeks ago who I initially gave a stub gun, a fighting knife, and mesh armor, and he fought with the gang for a couple of battles. Earlier this week, I had some credits to spend, and wanted to give him dum-dum ammo and frag grenades, from the Orlock House list, so I went to his profile & clicked on the Equipment Edit button, but there is no category on that pop-up for either ammo or grenades. This was the first problem, but I got around it by buying both items from the Trading Post (which sent them to the Stash), and then assigned them to the Juve from the Stash. A bit roundabout, but it worked. So in today's game, the Juve was killed (or, more accurately, suffered a Critical Injury, and I didn't want to pay for the doc). When I tried to move his equipment (except for armor) to the Stash, I clicked on the Equipment Edit button, and was able to Stash his fighting knife & stub gun, but there still was no category on the pop-up for Grenades or Ammo, even though he had them both equipped, so now there does not appear to be any way to move the dum-dum rounds or frag grenades to the stash. That's the second problem. Please help!

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
if you change your option (at the point where you select which gang to look at) for equipment restriction, then those tabs should appear

Cyreth

Juve
Jan 30, 2018
Erlangen, Germany
Dumdum rounds should, however, be available to Juves from the start, as long as they're on the house list (-> Escher, Orlock, Goliath, Cawdor). That Orlock Juves can't see grenades is not a bug, though -- all grenades on their house list cost more than 20 credits.

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
hmm... @Malo , can you shed any light on this one?

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
It's probably a left-over of the initial version of the game when it was unclear what exactly wargear was and whether juves were supposed to have access to it.
Also note that the 20c only applies when hiring the juve, so you'll probably have to lift the limitation anyway if you want to give him grenades or a hand-flamer later.

Zadgrub

Ganger
Tribe Council
Mar 7, 2018
Des Plaines, IL, USA
Dumdum rounds should, however, be available to Juves from the start, as long as they're on the house list (-> Escher, Orlock, Goliath, Cawdor). That Orlock Juves can't see grenades is not a bug, though -- all grenades on their house list cost more than 20 credits.

That was my thought initially as well, that it accounted for when they are newly hired and added to the gang, but that done'st account for the dum-dum rounds. And Juves are able to get equipment worth more than 20 credits after they've fought in a battle with the gang, so you should be able to add that ability, which, as I said, you can if you purchase through the Trading Post & stash, but that still doesn't allow you to remove equipment that the Juve already has to the stash. I'l try Spafe's solution.

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
Have Games Workshop actually decided yet what equipment sections exits and where each item goes? At some point all the equipment in the tools needs consolidation into less sections.

I've added "Ammo" section to Juves for all the gangs so if there's ammo types associated with the gangs, it should appear.

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
Have Games Workshop actually decided yet what equipment sections exits and where each item goes?
Yes, from what we have seen from the upcoming consolidated rulebook, it's clearer now.
It goes like this:
  • Weapons
    • Pistols
    • Basic weapons
    • Special weapons
    • Heavy weapons
    • Close combat weapons
  • Wargear
    • Grenades
    • Armour
    • Personal equipment
    • Special ammunition
    • Weapon accessories
  • Status items
    • Extravagant Goods
    • Servo Skulls
    • Exotic Beasts

As for gear access:

General rules:
  • Leaders and Champions can take everything
  • Gangers can take Pistols, Basic weapons, Close combat weapons and Wargear. They can also take Special weapons when they are hired during the campaign, and one of your starting gangers can have a Special weapon at gang creation.
  • Juves can take Pistols, Close combat weapons and Wargear. They have a 20 credit limit on everything until they get their first advancement.
Exceptions for Genestealer cults:
  • Aberrants can take Close combat weapons and Armour (no other Wargear)
Exceptions for Chaos cults:
  • Chaos Spawns can't take anything
  • Demagogues cannot take Heavy weapons (otherwise, they work as Leaders/Champions)
  • Witches can take Close combat weapons, Pistols, Wargear and Status items

Last edited:

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
They have a 20 credit limit on everything until they get their first advancement.
Wow they really have had no idea how to handle Juves throughout the development of Necromunda, it's changed so many times.

Witches can take Close combat weapons, Pistols, Wargear and Status items
At the moment the exotic pets for a gang are under Status Items. If it stays the way you've listed, it will work out better since I'll need to have Exotic Beasts section available for all Chaos Cultist fighters for Familiars, but if Witches can take any of the Status Items as well then that specific fighter can get both.

Zadgrub

Ganger
Tribe Council
Mar 7, 2018
Des Plaines, IL, USA
1st, Juve development has changed just once, in Gang War 3, where they changed the 20 credit cost limit to only apply to weapons, and only for the first game they are with the gang. Also, in that same book, they "clarified" that *all* fighters (specifically to include Juves) can be equipped with Wargear. It might *seem* like it's been changed a lot more, because of all the arguments people have been having about each of those points on social media, but it was actually only changed once.

2nd, only Leader (Demagogue) and Champion (Disciples & Witch) level fighters can be equipped with Pets (familiars).

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
1st, Juve development has changed just once, in Gang War 3, where they changed the 20 credit cost limit to only apply to weapons, and only for the first game they are with the gang. Also, in that same book, they "clarified" that *all* fighters (specifically to include Juves) can be equipped with Wargear. It might *seem* like it's been changed a lot more, because of all the arguments people have been having about each of those points on social media, but it was actually only changed once.
They changed twice now, since the 20c limit now applies until they get an advancement.

2nd, only Leader (Demagogue) and Champion (Disciples & Witch) level fighters can be equipped with Pets (familiars).
This is correct. I included the Witches in the exceptions because they have limitation on what weapons they can take, contrary to other champions. I should have written "Witches cannot take Basic weapons, Special weapons or Heavy weapons (otherwise, they work as Leaders/Champions)".

To clarify, here is a big table with everything:
Equipment-Access.png

"L" stands for limited and is short for "When the gang is created, one <fighter> can be armed with a Special Weapon. During a campaign, additional <fighters> can also take Special Weapons as they are added."

It's unclear at this point whether Bounty hunters have access to status items. Their rules say they can take "equipment purchased from any sections of the Trading Post" but they were written before status items were added and those "are only available to Gang Leaders or Champions". Then again, Slate Merdana is a hired gun with a doggie, but he is also a special character and a gang leader fluff-wise so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also note that individual items may have extra limitations. For instance, a Caryatid can only be equipped by a Leader (not a Champion).

Reactions: Malo and spafe